VX1 US EPA label please help

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
k-Tracker
VX1 US EPA label please help

I hope somebody is still watching this forum. I'm experiencing a funny story with CA DMV registering VX1 out of state.
They refuse out of state registration since it doesn't have the US EPA Label, yes.... emission label...
According to the VX1 manual in conforms CARB and Federal EPA standards (sure is), but I can't find it anywhere in the official documents. Also, DMV states that CARB is enable to find Vectrix in their database.
This all makes no sense to me and sounds like a joke...
This is my third VX1, but two another one I purchased in California, so I never needed to deal with EPA verification.
Anybody has an info about this? or by chance later VX1 had any EPA or CARB labels on them that you can send me?

MOSFETmeltdown
MOSFETmeltdown's picture
Re: VX1 US EPA label please help

Try contacting the Vectrix guys in Poland and see if they have a copy of the Certificate of Conformity?

martinwinlow

I think a wee chat with your local tv station might sort things out!

Regards, Martin Winlow
Isle of Colonsay, Scotland
evalbum.com/2092

israndy
israndy's picture

It's not the DMV that is at issue, it's that the Vectrix Bikes had a BAD character in their VINs. There is a letter on official Vectrix letterhead that I got (here I imagine) explaining the issue and with that and after a complete going over by an inspector at the DMV I was allowed to register my bike. I don't remember having this issue on the second bike, I guess cause it was already registered in CA. Don't be too frustrated with the DMV, you have years of joy driving your Vectrix ahead and only a month or two of delay as you find the letter and schedule an appointment at the DMV.

k-Tracker

Unfortunately Vectrix in Poland ignored all messages I sent them even on their products. I' not sure if it's alive at all.

Randy, what you're explaining about VIN character issue, I passed that already. I had VIN inspection with CA Police department already and this was sorted. However, this has nothing to EPA label or CARB certification. BTW, CARB is no longer required for electric motorcycles, if EPA label preserved. That's crazy. I'm in the dead loop. They will refuse registration next week if I don't provide any new documents.

israndy
israndy's picture

Sorry, the VIN was the only issue I have had with the DMV. I have not heard of any CARB issues. I have two of these and have never seen the EPA label on them.

k-Tracker

Same here, I had one that I purchased in California and registered just fine. This one came from New Jersey (remember that program of police Vectrix? this is it).

k-Tracker

Any chance somebody recently contacted Vectrix in Poland? And they replied? Can you share working email?

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage