Last post
k-Tracker
ESD charger possible to repair?
AttachmentSize
Image icon 1.png64.12 KB
Image icon 2.png61.18 KB
Image icon 3.png92.17 KB

Hi Guys,
Need help. It seems ESD charger failed while charging at the public station at 240V. Some info. I have VX1 with 19 Leaf modules loaded and firmware updated and configured via rs422. It's been running great and today is one of those days I parked it at the charging station. When I came back, the charging stopped and it was almost charged so I drove it back. Since then the charging is not starting. Also, interestingly battery cooling fan is not starting neither charging or driving. Any ideas? Here are screenshots of the diag. I don't see anything abnormal. I can take the charger out and look inside. Anything particular I should check?

israndy
israndy's picture
Re: ESD charger possible to repair?

It's a shame that no one replied, this is the sorta discussion that I would love to see. When it happened to me I just bought another one on eBay, but that was back when the Vectrix search actually had some results

k-Tracker

Right... Do you still happen to have a broken one that you can sell? Maybe I could make one working out of two?

Mel
Mel's picture

You might get more response on the Facebook group, or the whatsapp group. If you are not on them the FB groups are https://www.facebook.com/groups/vectrix and https://www.facebook.com/groups/1057357734341359 is the UK group. The Whatsapp group is called Vectrix Worldwide - I can't post the link here (group rules). PM me if you want the link.

Daytona Blue VX-1, 2008. Matt Black VX-1, 2008.

israndy
israndy's picture

Sorry, didn't keep it, broken junk is hard to keep

antiscab

There's no harm in taking the charger out and having a look
if you're very lucky, it may just be a plug that's come loose internally. out of the 30 or so dead chargers I have seen, maybe 2 have been due to a plug internally working it's way loose
The other 28 dead units sit on my shelf, waiting for an idea of what to do with them (they have a nice aluminium case, and some nice copper inductors and transformers)

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• VectrixPTLx
  • Schnabelwesen
  • lmx1111
  • annkruez
  • Athom

Support V is for Voltage