V Moto 48 volt upgrade to 60 volt pack

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spaceangel
V Moto 48 volt upgrade to 60 volt pack

Has anyone upgraded a stock 48 volt pack to a 60 volts in the VX-2 / V Moto scooter ? Can the controller work with higher pack voltage? The old 48 volt pack was both Lithium version and AGM the more common version and AGM can accept a higher voltage. I noticed that when trying to check balance of the individual modules / batteries going past the fifteen volt mark on my Schumacher battery charger. So taking that into consideration, can the DC-DC converter and controller accept 75 plus volt pack?
Sure hate to pop a nice controller. The scooter only did 30 MPH but it was solid and reliable since 2013. I think the old controller was made in England or Great Britain even though the scooter was made in Australia or China. It had regen but it never charged the battery pack much if any.
If anyone in Massachusetts wanted a cheap V Moto electric scooter just give me a shout. In the spring I will install the 72 volt pack to see if the V Moto / VX-2 will accept the new larger pack.
I special ordered from Poland a new luggage rack in order to place a rear cargo bag for shopping. VX-2 and V Moto are the same in that respect.
Rusty

antiscab
Re: V Moto 48 volt upgrade to 60 volt pack

the original is a Sevcon motor controller, with a maximum operating voltage of 69 Vdc

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Spaceangel
Re: V Moto 48 volt upgrade to 60 volt pack

I just went back to 48 volt system and this time I used a 100% drop~in Lithium Iron Phosphate or LiFePO4 battery from Big Battery. The numbers on the battery is: EAGL 48 V 1.53 KWh , FEAGL-4815-G1, Max charge voltage is 58.8 volt. 30 AH battery , Max current 80 Amp and the best part is Max discharge current for 6 seconds is 180 Amperes even though the main ckt breaker is 100 Amperes and the breaker is made-in-China.
Again 100% drop~in. Oh, make sure you use the included hardware to "lock" the battery into scooter frame battery box compartment. I have lost Lithium packs on bicycles and this pack is expensive with rope handles and so easy to lift and walk off into the sunset. 43 pounds plus or minus a tad. Perfect for VX-2, V Moto scooters. BTW Big Battery said you can charge pack with a regulated 55 or 56 volt charger and just make sure you don't exceed the 58 volt on the Big Battery pack. I am using a low current LiFePO4 charger for now. to test how long it will take using 4 or 5 real honest to goodness charge current vs 10 or 20 Amps.

KB1UKU

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage