Vectric Scooter Diagnostic Application

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Washer11
Vectric Scooter Diagnostic Application

Hello,

I'm running into an issue in my project to convert an old NiCad bike to a lithium pack. I am trying to use the diagnostic software (version 1.0.1.1) on my Windows XP laptop and the PEAK USB to CAN adapter. When I plug in the CAN adapter and open the application, the adapter flashes and all fields on the data summary section of the app are red, including where it says CANBUS inactive. When I switch on the bike at this point, I get green fields and good data for a couple of seconds, then I get an error message saying the program has encountered a problem and needs to close. In the error report, it gives me the code 0xe0434352.

Does anybody have any experience with this or any ideas about what could be going wrong? I feel like I am very close to being able to wrap this up and am missing something simple. I appreciate any input at all.

cuttysark76
Re: Vectric Scooter Diagnostic Application

Try to update.NET.
Google search point it out…

Please try different versions.
https://vectrixparts.userecho.com/knowledge-bases/2/articles/5-vectrix-diagnostic-application

Washer11
Re: Vectric Scooter Diagnostic Application

Thanks for the reply. I have a second Vectrix that I can use the diag software just fine on, so I have to do some troubleshooting later on the bike itself to see why it doesn't want to talk to my computer. Right now I'm having a different issue, and I can't make a separate thread so I'll ask here.

I am in the process of installing the Dugas firmware into another bike that I'm doing a lithium conversion on. I downloaded and installed the new motor controller and battery charger files with no issue ("Browse..." > Selected hex file from computer > "Program" > "Download Successful!").
Now that I've started the programming of the ICM file, there is no progress on the download bar, the status field on the top of the screen now reads "Can Bus Fault" in red (CAN Bus Active still in green in the corner), and a message at the bottom of the download tab reads "Attempting to resume Motor Controller Traffic..." The last messages on the Status tab of the diagnostic program say "Attempting to resume Motor Controller Traffic, Starting CAN Message Read Thread, Starting CAN Data Timer".
I'm very concerned about bricking the Vectrix and I'd really appreciate any advice as to how to recover the Vectrix from this; should I close the diag program, turn off the bike, unplug the adapter, or do otherwise to not ruin my bike? I've read that the motor controller is the one to be careful with when programming because it'll brick the bike if you're not careful (from this thread: https://visforvoltage.org/forum/13888-problem-firmware-update-urgently-help-wanted), and I didn't have any problems there, but now that the diag software is telling me it's trying to resume motor controller traffic while I'm programming the ICM I want to be very careful in what I do next.

Please Help!

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage