WHOEVER IS CHANGING MEMBER'S SIGNATURES WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION PLEASE STOP

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
WHOEVER IS CHANGING MEMBER'S SIGNATURES WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION PLEASE STOP

OK, so instead of engaging in an open debate on the merits of disclosing one's affiliations it seems that someone with some degree of control over the database (not reikiman - he's the only one I've asked) has changed my signature. They have done this twice and with no communication at all with me.

THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

I suspect they have changed ArcticFox's signature too.

If you want me to remove or change my signature then do the decent thing and ASK ME.

Also, why do you feel this needs to be discussed "in secret" rather than in a thread where I clearly asked for input and got none. Do you not think that if I got input and everyone said "bad idea" that I wouldn't have dropped it?

DO NOT CHANGE THIS POST, DO NOT CHANGE MY SIGNATURE WITHOUT CONTACTING ME.

YOUR ACTIONS ARE DE-VALUING THIS FORUM.

(yes, I am more than a little annoyed by these unilateral actions)

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: WHOEVER IS CHANGING MEMBER'S SIGNATURES WITHOUT THEIR PERMIS

I wonder why the old forum was hacked to bits?

LMFAO!

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

Board Moderator
Board Moderator's picture

V is for Voltage Forums Guidelines: 01/01/2007

#5. Community members may use V is for Voltage Forums for commercial and advertising content of Electric Vehicle related items or content only. Remember to use links when possible. These posts should be placed in the appropriate forum category of our Community Marketplace.

V is for Voltage Forums Right To Terminate:

The Moderator Team, at their sole discretion, may terminate or remove any content, or your V is for Voltage Community membership will be blocked immediately and without notice if;

a. V is for Voltage Forums believes that you have acted inconsistently with the spirit or the letter of the V is for Voltage Forums Terms of Service or the V is for Voltage Forums Guidelines, or

b V is for Voltage Forums believes you have violated or tried to violate the rights of others.

Please help us keep V is for Voltage Forums an enjoyable and positive experience.

Cheers,
Board Moderator

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

Quoted: Please help us keep V is for Voltage Forums an enjoyable and positive experience.

Can't be positive when you keep changing peoples' posts, threads and signatures behind their backs.

1943 all over again...

<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Board Moderator - you are not a person. You are a title. However that strange trailing back tick (`) that appears makes me think your GMan (it appears in most of his other posts and no-one else's. Of course I might be thinking too much - not something we can accuse you of, eh, Board Moderator?

So, Mr. BM you think saying "Authorized X-Treme Dealer" is somehow violating some inalienable right? Was there a complaint? Was there a problem? Or did you just not want to state your own affiliations and this was an easier path forward?

Tell me why there's a problem with saying "Authorized X-Treme Dealer" for crying out loud. And please tell me in a way that doesn't hide behind a stupid title.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Oh WONDERFUL - now you've gotten rid of my whole signature block and it seems to be gone from my account page so I can't edit it back.

You are just so gosh darn efficient. I bow to your superior anal-ness (alas, I thought I was more anal than you and could sit here and blast it back in - but no - you win the prize).

Why don't you just delete this and ban me while you're at it.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

Quoted: that strange trailing back tick (`) that appears[...]

What tick? I don't see any tick... anymore.

What I don't understand is why letting people know one is an "authorized" dealer (not just some joeshmo on the street) would be advertising, but having the actual link to a business site is not.

Can someone explain that part to me?

www.BaseStationZero.com - An Authorized Retailer for X-treme Scooters, BigToys, ScooterX & Waldeck Jewelers -//forums.htmlcenter.com/images/smilies/biker.gif)

echuckj5
echuckj5's picture

a. V is for Voltage Forums believes that you have acted inconsistently with the spirit or the letter of the V is for Voltage Forums Terms of Service or the V is for Voltage Forums Guidelines, or

b V is for Voltage Forums believes you have violated or tried to violate the rights of others.

This is "Chuck", I thought jdh's suggestion on the signature line was a great idea, I often have no idea what someone is driving. So I added my signature line. Unfortunately, I added "John Bidwell's" name to mine. I am not going to take credit for designing my bike, John did. So in effect, I am advertising also.

What exactly then is the signature line for?

That articfox and jdh are dealers, neither have ever tried to "force" sales through this forum. Both are trying to be as upfront and solve problems with their style of EV, and are contributing a great deal of information to this forum.

I just don't see either a. or b. from above applying.

Making mountains out of molehills, all of this could have been handled, differently.

chuckle

[b]AGM BATTERIES[/b]

kringle777
kringle777's picture

I think GMan has multiple logons. If I'm wrong, I apologize. But I've seen too many weird things and have had posts deleted when they don't tow the appropriate line. It's a bit repressive I've found. That's unfortunate.

P.S. Don't have a signature anymore either it seems.

kringle777

kringle777
Red XM-2000
Moss Green "Charger" ebike
Sacramento, CA

sandorszabo

V is for Voltage has just jumped the shark. Bye.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

I don't get the "shark" reference - if it means we've crossed some line from "worthwhile" to "not worthwhile" and that you're leaving for good I apologize. So far I've not seen anyone agree with "Board Moderator" that signatures represent a problem so I hope common sense will prevail and we will have signatures restored soon.

I hope you'll be back.

BTW, GMan - if BM was you and it was also you that removed the back tick (`) that really doesn't change much! How about just explaining your actions to the community? Likewise, if it wasn't you then just say so.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

What I understand 'jumped the shark' is as a reference to an 80's TV show (?WKRP?) where they got desparate for ratings and had a main character jump into a shark tank or something. I thought it meant an organization who, in order to get some attention, does some stupid outrageous move. And I don't see how that applies in this case.

davew
davew's picture

What I understand 'jumped the shark' is as a reference to an 80's TV show (?WKRP?) where they got desperate for ratings and had a main character jump into a shark tank or something.

It was Happy Days and Fonzie jumped the shark. (God help me that I know this.)

I thought it meant an organization who, in order to get some attention, does some stupid outrageous move. And I don't see how that applies in this case.

You are correct on the literal meaning, but more figuratively it just means a show that is past its prime. Usually there is some incident like a character leaving a show or more commonly someone has a baby: Friends, Charmed, Mad About You, etc. -- I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it. So far I think only Mork and Mindy has handled the whole baby thing right. (Jonathan Winters. What a method actor!)

In any case, I disagree. I think we're just hitting critical mass. There's still a glitch or two of course, but nothing is perfect.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Well you learn something new everyday! Thanks for the pop-culture class! ;-)

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

I like how nobody is 'fessing up.

Poof it's gone, presto it's back. Who dun it? Shhh, nobody's tell'n.

This is why I won't live in Missouri. Stuff be disappearing off my porch.

LandCrawlerATV

Whats your problem with Missouri? Sure don't think comments like that are needed...

davew
davew's picture

Whats your problem with Missouri? Sure don't think comments like that are needed...

It's a private joke. I'm sure he didn't mean to bash Missouri in general, just tease one of the moderators who lives there. Believe me. I grew up in Kansas. I know from Missouri bashing! :-)

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage