Hello from San Jose, CA

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gio
Hello from San Jose, CA

Hi All:
I found your forums while searching for an el ninja conversion a few week back.
Been lurking since then and I thought I'll formally introduce myself.

My name is Gio and I live in beautiful Bay Area (California).
I've been a avid gas motorcycle fan/rider/racer/ addicts since 2003.
I started my own retail accessories shop to fund my two wheel addictions.
My motto has always been "ride your passion" which if you're a rider, you'll know what I mean.

Well after collection a few motorcycle chassis over the years, I though I try something different and convert one of my Kawasaki Ninja EX250 to all electric. (I have four parts bike laying around the shop, so finding a good donor was not a problem).
So that's when I went searching for more info and bought a plan from John Bidwell. the creator of the original El Ninja.

Part of the reason for my conversion is:
1. Not of fan of gas company and their $3.20 per gallon in California. Even a sport bike is pretty thirsty.
2. I get all my speed rush at the track (which I go to twice a month, I've raced Yamaha R6, SV650, and the good ole EX250 around our local track near Northern California)
3. So a scooter/moped speed two wheel vehicle would fit perfectly in my normal routine of street riding.
4. I'm a secret electric fan since I was a kid. Use to dream of all electric car conversion and what I would do to KITT (Knight Rider) when I become rich in my later year. (which hasn't happened, but I'm happily married with two small child)
5. I'm into effeciency and using anything to it's fullest potential.

Anyhow, thanks for reading my brief introduction. If anyone of you are ever in the bay area and would like to take a peek at my ongoing Electric Ninja project, you're welcome to stop by my shop..and lend a hand.

Ride Safe,

Gio
www.motogio.com

Elrod
Elrod's picture
Re: Hello from San Jose, CA

Welcome aboard! Feel free to use our "Member Vehicles" gallery for your ninja conversion. There is no rule that it has to be finished. :-) I can see it now. New pictures monthly as the bike nears completion. Of course in my case it would be be three shots of a bike under construction followed by one of my wife standing over me with a shovel because I had hogged all the space in the garage for too long.

Elrod (aka davew)
V Moderator Team Captain

Moderators are members of your dedicated community volunteer <a href="http://visforvoltage.net/page/106-our-community-volunteers">V Team</a> who help keep your V is for Voltage Community Forums running smooth

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Hi,

The El-Ninja and accompanying book are great - aren't they? Please keep us posted on your progress. The big eye opener for me was that he does the conversion with no welding and only one custom made part - that's persuaded me to try a conversion. A friend at work has donated his non-running CB-750 to me (how's that for generosity!) - I hope to start an electric conversion this winter.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Gio

thanks for the welcome!
I didn't know there's NOT a edit function. I tend to submit and edit my spelling error afterward.
so excuse the bad grammar and spelling error in my initial post.

Well, I've been electrified for about two weeks now. Bought a Ezip Mtn Trail e-bike from Walmart to tool around. not a bad bike for $300
I'm pretty surprise at the performance (or it's just i'm an e-bike virgin).
Kind of nice to ride around without breaking a sweat.
Have gone about 15miles with plenty of juice left. cruising at 15mph on total electric occasionally.

Initial Plan on the El Ninja:
1. Perm 132 Inboard mount
2. 60V 50AH SLA battery
3. Wait till LifePo comes down in price
4. Alltrax controller.

I'll documnent the process and post it up for all to see.

Gio

davew
davew's picture

I didn't know there's NOT a edit function. I tend to submit and edit my spelling error afterward.

I use the FireFox browser (verison 2.0) and one of it's cool features is you get spell check all the time. Any time you type into a dialog box it highlights misspelled words. Now if it would only highlight misused words...

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage