E-Max Sport 2000

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
JDELUNA
E-Max Sport 2000

How does the E-Max Sport 2000 running on 60volts compare to these new scooters running also on 60volts ?? Stock on 48volts on Turbo mode the E-Max uses approx. 72amps, I am guessing that with 60volts it would be the same. SO with it running at 60volts / 72amps would it have a faster acceleration than the others ??? Just wondering. God Bless :)

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture
Re: E-Max Sport 2000

JDELUNA,

What you ask is a good question and while I am sure bumping up the voltage will give the E-Max Sport some extra punch I am not sure it would compare to the other scooters which are using 60-volts. I test drove the E-Max Sport 2000 about a month before they went away. I was considering a purchase at that time. The second time I went to check out the E-Max, I took my 36-volt e-bike with me and had a race with the Sport. There was some difference to be sure but 10 feet over about a 1000 foot run was hardly enough difference for me to buy the Sport when My e-bike could almost keep pace with it. BTW I was NOT using the pedals. As you can imagine I was not very impressed with a 2000 watt scooter that could barely out accelerate my 400 watt e-bike.

Chas S.

vinnie

Also, keep in mind that the Emax Sport has 10" wheels, like the other models we are comparing it too, HOWEVER, the other E-Max clones, the Kasea ZE-2000 and the E-Moto Classic have 12" wheels: slower acceleration but higher top speed.

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

PJD
PJD's picture

jdeluna,

I can't tell you exactly, because I raised my amperage limits to 55/95 econ./turbo before the 60V upgrade. But because I rigged mine to be selectable between 48V and 60V via a switch on the handlebar. I can compare the performance every time it is ridden. I use the combination of 48/60 volts and 55/95 amps to provide 4 different power settings.

Basically, it works like you would expect. The higher the wattage the higher the torque (and acceleration and hill climbing speed) Plus, the higher voltage setting provides a higher maximum level-ground speed as well.

PJD
PJD's picture

Chas S.,

I agree that the stock e-max was not very impressive compared to a lot of e-bikes (aside from a bit more top speed?). I think there may be a point of diminishing performance returns with any PB-acid powered EV because of all that extra battery weight to get the additional power and/or range.

This is one reason I decided to use just 20AH (half-capacity of the rest of the pack) for the "booster" battery needed for the 60 volt circuit - and make it selectable so 60V is used only where needed.

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

I agree with you about the diminishing performance returns, however I am sure the E-Max can only benefit from the extra voltage. The bike I was comparing it to was a 24-volt e-bike raised to 36-volts. This made a great difference and I would not go back to 24-volts. My only concern is if you use a smaller, less Amp Hour, battery for the boost battery, you will more than likely destroy the boost battery by running it well below 50%. I know once I felt the extra speed and power I had no reason to drop back to 24-volts. I think you will find this to be true in your case as well. I also noticed if I was a little easier with the throttle I could get increased range at a reasonable speed, 17 to 18 MPH. On one ride I managed 30 miles using only 8 AHs from the 36-volt 12AH battery pack.

Ride Hard Ride Long,
Chas S.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage