e-Moto distributor site, Is the e-Moto a rehash of the e-max?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
borgbike
borgbike's picture
e-Moto distributor site, Is the e-Moto a rehash of the e-max?

It's nice to see that someone appears to be following a tradional distribution sales model for selling a new electric scooter.

http://www.e-motosport.com/

Anyone have any thoughts or comments? It's hard from me to tell how related the e-Motos are to the e-max. Maybe this scooter will give new life to the once vibrant e-max community?

vinnie
Re: e-Moto distributor site, Is the e-Moto a rehash of the e-max

Yup, this is the E-Max reborn along with the Kasea ZE-2000. I own the Classic model. I am told that there have been some minor improvements to the motor, but I cannot verify that.

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

PJD
PJD's picture

The e-moto site states this:

"The federal DOT guidelines, and various state laws, require us to electronically limit the top speed of our scooter to 28-mph. This limit allows riders to use the scooter on city streets without any special license or endorsement; similar to the rules in place for sub-50cc gas scooters. Competitors scooters that advertise speeds exceeding 28-mph will require riders to have a special license or endorsement to ride legally."

There is hardly a single correct sentence in this paragraph. DOT regulations have absolutely nothing in them about the speed of motor driven cycles - they could go Mach 3 as far as the FMVSS are concerned. The "special license or endorsement" is just called registering and putting a license plate on it - big deal.

A scooter that cannot keep up in traffic is not going to find a lot of eager buyers, and more importantly, is going to only produce negative publicity for e-scooters and maybe even legislative backlash against them.

Why are all these Chinese electric scooter-importers so clueless about this?

And it is a shame to see another importer fall for the silicone battery scam. "500-1000" cycles my foot. It seems very few of these importers have ant technical knowledge of the product they sell.

EVT America is the one apparent exception.

BTW, Vinnie, did you find a new controller for your scoot?

vinnie

BTW, Vinnie, did you find a new controller for your scoot?

I sure did! E-Moto came through and it should be arriving any day.

I, too, am disappointed about the 28mph. E-Moto says it has something to do with importing...I'm GUESSING it is either cheaper or easier to import with that on???

The governor is an easy remove...same as the E-Max. The bike is faster without the governor. I'll post stats when the new controller arrives next week.

As for the batteries, they actually had the old "E-Max" logo imprinted on them and then poorly buffed off somehow leaving a ghost of the logo there.

When she's up and running I'll post all the details...goods and bads and a report on the dealer I order through.

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

borgbike
borgbike's picture

There is hardly a single correct sentence in this paragraph. DOT regulations have absolutely nothing in them about the speed of motor driven cycles - they could go Mach 3 as far as the FMVSS are concerned. The "special license or endorsement" is just called registering and putting a license plate on it - big deal.

A scooter that cannot keep up in traffic is not going to find a lot of eager buyers, and more importantly, is going to only produce negative publicity for e-scooters and maybe even legislative backlash against them.

Right. To demonstrate what BS this is, here's a list of some of the more common under-50cc scooters on the market and their top speeds as tested in the latest (Oct 07) issue of Scoot! Quareterly Magazine http://www.scootquarterly.com/:

Manufacturer and Model Top speed
Daelim A4 32
Diamo Velocity 44
Kymco Super 9 40
Lambretta Due 50 33
Qlink Star50 37.7
Schwinn Sport 32.5
Yamaha C3 36.4

I know that Vespa has two models for their 50 scooter. One is restricted to meet "moped" restriction of certain states. It is fairly easy to de-restrict it. The fact is is that in most states the speed limit for under 50cc type vehicles is up to the operator on not the manufacturer. Having a motorcycle endorsement is an easy way to talk yourself out of any sort of "breaking the moped speed"-type ticket.

I'm still holding out for a robust electric scooter that will do near 40 reliably. I'd even be willing to sacrifice a substantial amount of range for a sportier scooter. I know I don't fit the standard consumer profile but a 10-15 mile range would be fine with me if I could do that with some performance.

The fun part of a ICE scooter is that they accelerate and are nimble, they are not for touring on long commutes. Seems like an someone someday should be able to manufacture an electric scooter to fit this bill.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage