Yesa 48V 20AH LiFePo4 battery pack on an Evader scooter

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: Yesa 48V 20AH LiFePo4 battery pack on an Evader scooter

PJD - I didn't infer that the cells weren't available. I think he just latched onto "high amperage pack" and told you about his pack that he's hoping to introduce by the end of this month.

I just sent him an e-mail asking about 20 individual cells, a BMS and a charger. I'll let you know how he responds. I'm currently considering my options for the spring when I start riding again. Like always I've got a number of choices and I'm not quite sure which to go with:

1) Leave the dying Electier's in the XM2K and plan on riding the CB-750
2) Put good value SLAs in the XM2K
3) Put LiFe's in the XM2K

Even if I ride the CB750 I don't like the idea of leaving the XM2K hobbled by bad batteries.

Anyway - back on topic: Yesa seems a fair choice for LiFe's and we'll see what price he comes back with.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

decibel1
Re: Yesa 48V 20AH LiFePo4 battery pack on an Evader scooter

One more note about bypassing the current and voltage regulation on my Yesa packs. It appears to me that the battery equalization circuitry, which is cell to cell, is still in operation even with the bypass I described.

It finally got warm enough to melt some snow here and I took the scooter out for about 5 miles at a temperature of about 10 degrees C. The cell operating voltage appears to be lower at this temperature, which is consistent with the temperature data I reported previously, but everything seems to work fine.

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage