This is what I would like to do:
- Build/update my present cross bike to a power-assisted commuter bike.
- I am interested in Pedaling, not just being carried.
- I like having to pedal first, and work a bit.
- my commute is 10 miles each way, 50% bike path, some hills
- next year the department moves to new building, and the commute goes to 20
miles each way, still should be 50% bike trail, some hills.
- I Weight 250#, Presently
- I want to be able to sling a set of panniers on the bike if need be to
- I am considering a hub motor, can't decide front/rear.
- I do not know if I can charge at work in the new location.
- I would like to ride in my work clothes, and not have to arrive dripping
So, is the possible with the present battery/Controller/Motor technology.
I like in California, but I am cheap, and I what I have seen so far leads me
to believe that this is going to cost $700 - $1500, not counting the bike.
Any and all usefull opinions welcome!