scooter batteries, recharging, multi source

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
gaulois
scooter batteries, recharging, multi source

Hi Everyone:
The scooter part is at the end-excuse my ignorance of this subject, I know zero about electricity.
I am totally new to this. But I am very interested in the potential to use electric energy, as it seems so easily generated.
Probably, because of this, what seems so obvious is ...... not obvious or possible:
A car for instance has the potential to generate a great deal of electricty simply from what it wastes in kinetic energy, wind, friction etc. So, for instance- the alternator creates more that the battery needs, so if you drive a lot- is it not possible to collect the surplus energy (say through the ciggaret lighter) and recharge another 12 v. battery? (even if it is little by little?).
How about mini wind turbines? Has anybody ever created a mini wind turbine that would not create too much resistance (friction) in order to trickle electricity that could help recharge batteries? So it would be like having mini fans behind the grill that would turn and generate electricity?
Now for a seemingly stupid question: I have a mustang GT. Hybrids use brake systems that generate energy instead of the energy being wasted as friction and heat. Are there brake converter kits that can recharge batteries?
Finally- I live in FL. Plenty of sun. Are panels worthwhile? Even if it takes a panel or panels 3 days to recharge a battery/ies
isnt it worth it?
The scooter part: I am considering buying an electric scooter instead of selling my car and buying a hybrid. It seems that through all the above mentioned potentials that I could easily recharge my scooter batteries using a variety of techiniques.
If these ideas are way out in left feild just tell me I dont care. If they are already being used, I would love to know more.

mf70
Re: scooter batteries, recharging, multi source

By buying an electric scoot and leaving your IC buggy parked, you have effectively become a hybrid household. The IC car will be used only on longer trips, where it can warm up fully, so it will last longer and get better mileage when it DOES run. This is how I pried my wife out of her car after 20 years of short commutes. (I ride a bike.)

For the fun of it, you CAN use solar cells to recharge your scoot. The normal "duty cycle" of a scooter involves long hours sitting still, in the sun. It will be mostly for bragging rights, since usatracy is spot on as to EV costs.

Mark

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage