Charge a string from a single smart charger and Powercheqs?!?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
lone_rider
lone_rider's picture
Charge a string from a single smart charger and Powercheqs?!?

Hi, I have been having all kinds of problems since I got my EVT 168. The base of the problem is the fact that there chrager sucks. So I have been checking out other ways to get this to charge without going nuts spending.
Here it is.. I already bought the powercheqs (3 for a 4 string) so I placed the batteries in a nice neat line in my room. I then got a Vector smart charger 2/10/25amp -can do 75amps to start a car- ($34 from Sams club). I charge each battery with it untill there all nice and charged, took me a long all night (about 2.5 hours each battery).
Next I placed then into a string as they would be in my bike. Finaly adding the powercheqs in place to see how they work :) and hopefully balance them out well.

I have found that I have one really good battery stays around 13volts and one that stays around 12.72volts (this is after 12 hours from full charge). The powercheqs constantly blanance the batteries ( getting slower and slower as they get closer to balance, but never seam to fully stop).

Now to the reason I started this post (after all that background lol) I know you can use say 4 chargers on my string to charge each battery while in a string setup right? So I thought "Hey, why not just charge the lowest battery to get it to where the others are." In doing this I found that the single vector smart charger was charging the whole pack with the aid of the powercheqs (if I kept it at the 2amp setting). So my thought and question is will do any damage to my batteries or charger in the logn run? If not can I simply place this exact setup back in the bike and use the single charger to do the bike all the time? saves me money and maybe even time? (I hate the crappy chroma charger btw)

OK thats about it really. It is nice to see the money spent on Powercheqs paying off somewhat. O yeah , I talked to the makers of powercheqs and they have just been upgraded to 3amp systems. (but the website and manuals are behind with the info , still saying 2amp). My new PC's are 3amp :)

So any comments are welcomed please:)

lone_rider
lone_rider's picture
Re: Charge a string from a single smart charger and Powercheqs?!

Err I really should proof read my typing lol.

"So my thought and question is will this do any damage to my batteries or charger in the long run?"
sorry :)

XM-3000 BB Batteries using 5 vector smart chargers in bike
EVT 168 4 UB12500 batteries using 4 vector smart chargers

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage