Motorcycle Trailers

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
DonCristobal
DonCristobal's picture
Motorcycle Trailers

Motorcycle trailers are very heavy and very expensive. What are the chances that towing a bicycle trailer behind an electric scooter is feasible and legal?

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Motorcycle Trailers

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Are you looking for a trailer that can be hauled by an electric scooter? What kind of scooter?

The bigger scooters like an EVT would be more than a typical bicycle-hauled-trailer would work well with. I had 3 yrs ago found a dealer in Sweden who'd made a trailer meant to be hauled by an EVT. It was a very light thing but beefier than the typical bicycle trailer.

Legal... uh, hmm, a trailer pulled by a car has to be licensed (in California anyway) but I don't know what the legal requirements. I think it's reasonable to expect there are DOT safety requirements. On the other hand bicycle trailers are without requirements and don't need licensing. A trailer for a scooter is somewhere in the middle.

DonCristobal
DonCristobal's picture
Re: Motorcycle Trailers

Specifically I am talking about:

http://www.bikesandtrailers.com/bike-trailers/croozer_cargo.html

I would never expect to go over 25mph. The grocery store is about 16 city blocks from home and I'd like to be able to get a reasonable supply of groceries in one trip. The ability to haul just a little bit of stuff here and there will make getting rid of my car so much more feasible.

Don Cristobal
EVTA Z-20b
---
Ohm is where the heart is.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot