Quality parts for Currie made scooters.

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
ruprek
Quality parts for Currie made scooters.

Ok, I was as happy as the next clam when I paid a small amount for my I-ZIP 1000. I couldn't get the thing out of the box fast enough when it arrived. I don't know what I was thinking when I started looking it over and deciding which components were not going to put my life in peril when I decided to upgrade my motor and drive train with a 1500 BMC motor and 100 amp controller from Powerpackmotors. I spent many hours making the motor mount and modifying the rear swing arm to accomodate the 1500 watt beastie. Mucho mods to the frame and that killer otor put me in position of doing close to 40 mph on a scooter that was never designed to go that fast. Now that my long winded intro is over, maybe some of you can steer me in a safe direction. I'm wondering who, if anyone specializes in mfg ready made performance parts for Currie scooters. I know Craig of Deafscooter is here, there and Johnny on the spot with custom modded parts. Of course the mods fetch custom modded prices.I'm not knocking Craig in the least.He's an innovator to say the least and an icon when it comes down to it. Now if I planned to approach light speed as Craigs rockets do, it would be money well spent. I guess what I am saying in probably the longest way possible is, where can I get quality forks, handlebars, wheels, etc. and not have to make them myself. And certainly not pay some schmo $22.00 for an axel, and oh yeah, you'll need some flange nuts at 9.95 a piece. I'm somewhat cheap, but thats because of the daily beating my wife imposes. That's the reason i got the scooter in the first place.But thats another story. I've made some things for my self, but I feel like this thing shoukd have been a little further along than if you want to upgrade, make it yourself. Don't get me wrong, I like pounding on metal in my garage at all hours almost as much as my neighbors. But with the nickname "Ruprek the monkey boy" (given to me affectionately by my wife), my skill level for fabrication is about par with all the other Curious Georges. There really was a question in this, somewhere? Most of the web pages I've seen are just selling the same low grade pot metal parts that tend to become very animated as the 40 mph barrier approaches. Doesn't anyone make a set of handlebars that is made from aircraft aluminum or alloy that doesn't look like something off a 70's stationary bike. U know the ones that push and pull your arms to and fro? I hated those and now my beloved scooter does a spot on imitation of it as speed increases. Sorry for taking two pages to ask a couple questions, but it was therapy for me and I had nothing else to do.

surfingjeff
Re: Quality parts for Currie made scooters.

I started with a Currie F18 than I purchased a Lashout. I feel real comfortable at 40 MPH with my dual Power Pack Motors 55 amp each, You can see the scooter on this same section 40 MPH Lash Out.I have a dealer sell the scooter for under $200 without a motor.

IbeRKT

You can get the forks from

www.thesuperkids.com

They should have the forks in the scooterparts section but they won't be cheap. They also have the rims as well but I think that you can get better prices from one of these two sites

http://www.partsforscooters.com/Vehicle-Type/Schwinn-Electric-Scooter-Parts_4?range=1%2C50%2C54

or

http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/rims2.html

IMO the wheel assembly is the best bet since you also get the wider 3" tire and tube as well. I think that the F18 had the 2 1/2" wide tires.

ruprek

thanks guys for your help. Not knocking I-Zips line, but I've heard so many good things about the Lashout. I know what my next project will be. Is there anyone out there using an etek motor in a small scooter like the I-Zip 1000.I'm assuming replacing the swingarm is a given as well as the battery storage, but what about the the rest of the frame? Seems like the torque would twist the frame into a pretzel in no time. Anyone with experience. Does deafscooter have his Stealth 1000 out of wraps yet?

mr_exon

your talking about the same Etek Motor that needs a 300amp min controller and some small car batteries to power it? LoL I would love to see some one prop one on a medium sized scooter.

I just Re-laced my first spoked wheel! and it was trued by spinning it in my hand

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Is there anyone out there using an etek motor in a small scooter like the I-Zip 1000.

This has been done - Craig for instance has built a few small scooters with etek + high powered controller. I have some pictures of one of his creations here: April 2004, Antigravity EV Expo The Antigravity EV Expo was held for two years (that I know of), and if you read that page you'll learn the whole story of the second of those meetings. I got to ride Craig's scooter and boy did it move, and I didn't even give it full throttle. It was highly modified and strengthened.

IbeRKT

your talking about the same Etek Motor that needs a 300amp min controller and some small car batteries to power it? LoL I would love to see some one prop one on a medium sized scooter.

It has already been done not a Lashout but on a Currie Lightning FS (very similar) look here

http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/585

Deafscooter
Deafscooter's picture

Deafscooter done modding the Both Lashout and Lightning F-18

The Lashout battry tray is welded for size 12v 10ah
( deafscooter can do Wide the Battery tray that hold
four 12v 20ah in frame or two 40ah batteries pack!

Most suggust is 36 Volts ( three 26ah AGM Batteries)

Craig Uyeda
Deafscooter
-
-

Check on my latest ( s180 ) into Long range Ride with Largest batteries on frame
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/1265
-
Check out my Fastest and Route 66 rally Currie Flyer with ETK powered
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/570
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeyoIDOWknU

-
Deafscooter have more Secret Modding the Curriestech & Lashout Framework with 30 HP Motor on it

deafscooter

mr_exon

LoL, you guys got me on that one! LOL

I just may have not paid too much attention, you know deaf he likes to keep it top secret.
All I knew he has the fastest scooters on here and has proven it many times...I dont pay attention to his electronics as I would think people do with my builds. I say that cause most people on this forum that mod, mod every thing on the bike even down to the controller. I my self have even taken my motors apart and made them crave amps even more...

When ever I hear some one talk about modding something and Etek comes up, I get a bit sceptical

I just Re-laced my first spoked wheel! and it was trued by spinning it in my hand

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage