Anyone ever buy LiFePO4 Cells from this company

5 replies [Last post]
tercero

I was searching ebay and came across this company

http://www.yesa.com.hk/

Before I lay down $440.00 for a 36v battery pack wanted to know if anyone had ever had any dealings with them?

Thanks,

J.

How did I break that?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
decibel1
Re: Anyone ever buy LiFePO4 Cells from this company

I purchased a 48V 20AH pack from them about two months ago. They shipped about when they said they would and the pack arrived in good shape in about 5 days. After the sale, they responded well to questions that I had and the pack appears to perform to specs.

mn_aerorider1
jstept
jstept's picture

I bought two 36V 20Ah packs from Sam at YESA. I have not verified any of their functionality yet, but I have my fingers crossed. Sam was very responsive to all of my questions and was able to configure the two packs differently at my request. Shipping was prompt - Sam emailed me that the batteries shipped, and they arrived less than one week later. So far, so good.

Just another note on LifePO4: there's a gentleman in the Portland area who has done a very nice EV conversion of a Honda Insight, and it runs entirely on LifePO4 cells that he gets from Dewalt power tool batteries. He deconstructs them and reassembles the cells in the configuration he needs. I got a look at the car a few weeks ago at a meeting of the Oregon EV Association. He says there appears to be very little Peukert effect for his batteries, which gives me some hopes for my own project.

Jake

The Rezistor: 1970 Vespa 50S Special conversion w/ Mars brushless motor, Sevcon Millipak controller, 36V 40Ah YESA LiFePO4 batteries

tercero

Thanks Brian for the link, and for the other quick responses everyone. Good to read that he's a relatively honest dealer. I'm going to order today.

J.

How did I break that?

arbiker501

So did you buy the pack and if so how did it go. Did you think it was a good experance or was it a bad idea?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2401070691062219"
data-ad-slot="2079401426"
data-ad-format="auto">

Who's new

• EV4
  • ayon69
  • headrc
  • smokeydawson
  • MarieGreer

Customize This