Beware: Scooter Scam Sites

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Beware: Scooter Scam Sites
Example of a scooter scam site: http://tinyurl.com/2cq9mu
This site has a lot of scooters listed with prices so low, they are off the charts.

This is to get you excited and make you want to buy one right now before it's too late.
"$199 for the X-Treme X-360?! Where do I buy, where do I buy?!"

What does someone do in the state of mind? They want to click on anything they think will get them to the shopping cart and on its way to them.

At this moment, one needs to stop, and really take a look at those pages - what do you see? AdSense ads... all over the place.

AdSense ads (Ads by Google) are advertisements that web site owners place on their site for extra revenue. If someone clicks on the ads, the site owner gets paid a small amount for that click. The more clicks people make, the more money the web site owner receives. This is where greed can set in - in this case, the site owner has designed the entire site focused on AdSense ads. There's actually nothing for sale anywhere on that site. There's not even an actual forum. The site owner has posted amazingly low prices to make you want to click things, and has placed the AdSense ads all over the site to help give you the clicking-fix your mind now needs.

Basically, his person has lied to you in order to fill his own pockets with more money. Sound familiar?

As usual in America, `tis the holiday seasons for scammers, thieves and cheats. Keep your shopping items in the trunk, use a credit/debit card for purchases, try not to walk alone in dark parking lots, and be wary of what you see and hear online. :-)

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture
Re: Beware: Scooter Scam Sites

Craig, this is the third thread you've posted this exact same message on.

I don't usually like to butt in, but, seriously.

Quit hatin'.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

Fox: Yeah, that's much better than before. I think that might have just been a funny size or something. The characters were maybe 4-5 pixels high before. It's easily readable now.

Craig: I personally have never had any dealings with Fox, so I can't speak objectively, but from what I hear from others on this forum, he is a perfectly respectable, reputable electric scooter dealer. Seriously, this flame-war needs to stop. You've been doing nothing all day except bashing him and his site. If you must, then find some way to contact him privately. Where we can all IGNORE YOU IN PEACE.

One thing though, Fox. I'm not sure that's Craigs website. I came across this when I was trying to get Google to figure out what you two were saying in whatever languages those were.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

RedKing73

Deafscooter, your posts here are scurrilous and a disgrace to your previous contributions. IMHO, you should be barred for a period until you learn how to play the ball and not the player.

Arcticfox's contribution across this board has been inquisitive and helpful, not just of a sales nature and I for one am always happy to see contributions from him or say USATracy because one is working at the coalface and the other knows electrics inside out. Plus he's inquisitive.

Your recent posts (don't know what bad blood you have with Fox and don't care unless you care to state it publicly) have no place in our community as far as I'm concerned. How do others feel about this?

Many of your contributions have been 'Deafscooter can build this' and deafscooter can build that, etc. How about putting the soapbox to one side and contributing to the thread in question. Let your signature do the sales talk??

If there's a problem with XM-2000s ever, that is no reflection on any dealer unless he fails to act and help. If he's dearer, maybe he adds that value immeasurably by his after-sales follow-up. And, no offence, but I would have difficulty making sense of your communications, which would ensure I couldn't buy anything from you.

THis thread should be closed by moderators. You shouldn't have started it either and should be placed on a watch-list to ensure you behave yourself. There are plenty of scammers out there but there's none among the frequent contributors to many conversations here. Its poor form of you to suggest so and I suggest you retract it or be suspended.

davew
davew's picture

This thread should be closed by moderators.

I agree. This bickering is getting annoying. Gentlemen, if your post only concerns another member chances are it is off topic and you should reconsider. If your post concerns EV then you are probably on the right track. If you have a problem with another member, let the moderators handle it. That's what we're here for.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Topic locked

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage