New Guy Questions

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
BPACH
New Guy Questions

Hello,
My name is Brian and I am from Michigan.
I am new to the electric game and want to learn as much as possible about it. The first project I plan on doing is a front hub motor bike built around a frame I am constructing that will be similar to the Giant Revive. I am mainly looking to the electrics as an assist for hills, not for long range commuting.
Can anyone recommend any good books that tells about the electronics involved in an e-bike. I am finding a lot of information scattered around the web, but a lot of it is contradictory.
Thanks in advance for your help.

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture
Re: New Guy Questions

Welcome to V is for Voltage. There is a great deal of information on our site. You can do a search on hub or motor and find lots of good stuff. One item I know about is the use of a front motor and the fork. Be sure you use a good steel front fork and not a suspension fork for a front hub motor. The torque of the motor can crack and break light weight, aluminum, or suspension forks.

I don't know of any good books, most of the books are very out of date and as for the information on the net, yes there are many contradictions but if you bring them here we can help sort out the good information from the bad. We have a great group of members with loads of experience. If we don't know the answer someone normally knows where to find it.

Any pictures you can upload and show us will help us help you. I was wondering of you had ever had the opportunity to ride a Revive? I did and it needs help on hills. It is a comfort to ride but very bad when it comes to climbing hills so a motor would be a great help.

BPACH
Re: New Guy Questions

Thanks for the input. I havent ridden a Revive, I can't seem to locate one anywhere around me. I am sure it will be a bugger to pedal up hills, but it should be extremely comfortable to ride on the flats. I only have 1 hill to deal with around here, so I think the electric hub motor will be the key to a succesful ride.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage