May you all have a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
dave_brownscombe
May you all have a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while but wanted to stop in to wish you all a very happy holiday season.
I mean this with my heart. I have a lot invested in this site in terms of emotion, good times and bad.

I've been very busy with my sole proprietorship but I wanted to let everyone know that is only one of the reasons that I haven't posted lately. The main reason is because there has just been too much bickering and childlike fighting going on. I think it's possible that my blood pressure even went down after staying away for a while.

V is for Voltage is a great community at heart, but if major contributors here egg on negative behavior then it's not a lifestyle that I really feel like participating in.
VisforVoltage is what we, the individuals posting here, make it ... I think too many just take this community for granted and don't care what effect that has on the community as a whole, not to mention newcomers to the community.

Step back sometime, then come back and look at the silly bickering and senseless arguing that you see when you visit here again. We as a community often become blind to what is going on around us. It's time to look from a different perspective.

When in sinc, this community can really make a difference. As a team, great things can be accomplished. This forum has clout if and when it's serious and real exchanges of information are happening. I don't mean that people shouldn't joke around, we should always keep it light, but arguing and bickering turns everyone off, especially the people that you want to influence the most.

The people I wanted to get through to, when I was posting here last, were the folks that had some interest in alternative energy and EV's and looking for ways that they could become a part of a grass roots change in this great nation, people who are willing to do whatever small part they could to make a difference. I don't think we want to turn those individuals away from learning the wonderful benefits of striving for a better EV or tapping into alternate energy sources. This is a great forum, a place to share and learn from each other. There is a lot of that going on every day here ... but it's easy to turn people off and lose their interest and support.

So, as I step off my soap box, I hope we can all keep others and ourselves in check so that we CAN make a difference.
My New Year's resolution is to work for positive change in our environment and our economy, our bid to have fun while finding new ways to make the most of alternative forms of energy. This can be a win-win situation if we just let it be.

Thanks for reading this, I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone but know, as a community, we can do better to make the world a better place for our children. For some of us this means change to protect our environment, for others this means just getting along and setting a good example for our children. Let's be good stewards of the world that we live in and think of the generations to come, as well as ourselves. Sometimes I think that forgetting that we are all brothers and sisters is a bigger problem than what we are doing to our environment. Be kind and share your wealth of knowledge with others, let the little stuff slide and keep on with the good stuff. Set an example and lead others to do the same. We are, after all, friends and neighbors on this wonderful planet.

Wishing you all a very happy holiday season!
Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you ALL!

MB-1-E
Dave Brownscombe

JDELUNA
Re: May you all have a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you too Dave and everyone else !!! God Bless :)

JDELUNA

Funny no where in the ORIGINAL post do I find the author naming anyone in particular, blaming anyone in particular, attacking any one in particular, etc. just wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and making a general comment that happens to many forums on the internet. Now if someone feels the comments are directed to them, then that is up to them or they must be doing something that the author is commenting about. Again just my comments not blaming anyone, just making a general statement. God Bless :)

MB-1-E
MB-1-E's picture

... so much for forgoing "weirdness" ... :D

AF ... what, no X-mas Tree on your head? :?

Dave B

MB-1-E
<a href="http://visforvoltage.org/book-page/996-mountain-bike-conversion-24v-3-4h... - Bridgestone MB-1 Mountain Bike</a>

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

*sobs*

No, not until next year when, hopefully, I can move to someplace where there's trees, not all dirt.

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

Efried
Efried's picture

Hi,

thanks

here are my wishes.

http://www.sugre.info/docs/original/PC200012.jpg

cheers

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new