Razor MX350 - charging extra set of batteries externally

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
fastfranky
Razor MX350 - charging extra set of batteries externally

Hello, I am a new member and this is my first pst. I have 2 mx 350s and an extra pair of batteries and an extra charger (the extra charger was free so...) All of these are brand new. I am trying to charge the extra set of batteries so that I always have 1 set ready to go. I searched endlessly to find out how to do this but couldnt find an answer. Here is what I know so far:

I created 2 jumpers to plug into the + and - of the battery pigtail. On the charger female connection there are 3 terminals, only two are marked (+,- ) on the charger body. I plugged mu jumper into the the + , - on the demale side and the corresponding +,- on the battery side. I plugged the charger in and the red light comes on, all seems fine. The third terminal is for?? Anyhow, after a few hours the red light went off and the green light came on (success - or so I thoiught). The the red light came back on, goes off and the green light comes on. It repeated this for a minute or so until I unplugged the power source. I traded out chargers, same result.

I assume the 3rd pigtail wire serves some purpose and is why I see this flashing light scenario after the battery is charged (I least I assume the new batteries are charged).

Can anyone tell me what the 3rd connction on the female pigtail on the charger is for? Inside the battery cover there are 2 black wires and 1 red wire connected to the male side of the 3 pin, so is it safe to assume the last wire must be grounded as well?

Thanks in advance, Im in a holding pattern for now.

davew
davew's picture
Re: Razor MX350 - charging extra set of batteries externally

I don't know anything specific about your scooter, but with ebikes the third wire is usually temperature. The wire is hooked to a thermistor somewhere inside the battery pack. It allows the charger to cycle off if the core of the pack starts to get too hot.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage