For those of you who haven't seen...

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture
For those of you who haven't seen...

There is a new BRUSHED Etek replacement motor over on Electric Motorsport:

electricmotorsport.com/store/ems_ev_parts_motors_etek-r.php

I like how the back of the thing looks. If I didn't have to buy a welder, I'd get one right now.

Don't know how this compares to the original, but looks promising. If anyone has used/played with one, let us know how it compares to the original.

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture
Re: For those of you who haven't seen...

Whoa! They just made ANOTHER version! Even better than the first! It specs actually look comparable to a PMG-132!

Same link. No reason to re-post it.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

andrew
andrew's picture

I like the specs of the RT! I wish this was around for my project. Here is the manufacturers website: marselectricllc I think. This motor is also sold by Thunder Struck Motors.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

tercero

Fantastic.

I was going to shell out over a grand this spring to buy a new PMG and this looks even better. About time. It's been about what, 7 years since they stopped manufacturing the etek (Lemco). Glad to see a replacement finally.

Good find!

How did I break that?

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

Little bit more info from the ES:

The "R" in Etek-R stands for "radial", referencing the way it's wound. Apparently, these have more torque than the original, which was axially wound.

I know of three places that carry these: Electric Motorsport, Thunderstruck EV, and Robot Marketplace (but they sell it for more).

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage