We don't need no stinking traffic light!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
We don't need no stinking traffic light!

This is apparently in India, but this is how I remember my first visit to Nogales Mexico...

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: We don't need no stinking traffic light!

So... less cars, more scooters and traffic signals. That's what I'm getting at. :)

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

davew
davew's picture

I wonder if there is some math to describe this traffic flow? I remember seeing a similar intersection near the airport in Boston before the Big Dig was finished.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me why I don't travel.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Yes, that's India. The building design, the street median design, the vehicle choice, the sound of the horns, the trucks, yup, that's India. There were two Ambassador cars drive past - these are 50's style large sedans made in India.

They do have traffic lights in India, and the traffic lights are obeyed. However the drivers generally don't pay much attention to traffic rules as we understand them in the U.S. The drivers tend to push forward all the time and look for openings to go anywhere. I often see cars fly out into the lane for oncoming traffic if they see an opening, and sometimes they get trapped in that lane when oncoming traffic meets and surrounds them. In Bangalore there are lanes painted on most roads but it's really just a guideline and the drivers tend to create more lanes than what are painted on the roads.

I'm surprised there were no horses or oxes pulling carts. And the number of two-wheelers are a bit less than typical. And whoever shot that clip must have had their window closed, because the traffic noise was very muted. It's fully astonishing to be standing next to a busy road in India, the smell and the noise and the never ending flow of vehicles and people is overwhelming.

I wonder if there is some math to describe this traffic flow?

It would have to be in chaos theory- because that's what it's like to be in India traffic.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me why I don't travel.

Funny, it made me long to go back and experience it again.. to each their own I guess ;-)

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage