R-20 for Mr Baker

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mr Baker
R-20 for Mr Baker

The "your scooter has shipped" email was received tonight, Sumner Washington is 30 miles away, I have a shipping number and expect a call for delivery tomorrow or the next day.
I will need a new helmet.
I will post my unpacking and tests here as they happen.

Zoomgrl
Re: R-20 for Mr Baker

EXCELLENT!!!! :) Can't wait to hear your experience--hopefully ALL positive. Good luck.

Mr Baker

Well, it looks pretty good. I unpacked it with no trouble. I followed the Quick reference guide step by step. I can not take off for a ride until my wife gets back, so, I thought I would roll it off the kick stand, twist the throttle and let it go in the back patio. It rumbled a little and jerked forward about a foot and then nothing to I applied the break. I rolled it back for some space, again rumble and jerk, and then nothing so I again applied the break. I did not let off the throttle this time but clicked off the break and it rumbled and lunged, and then nothing so I again applied the break.
When my wife gets home she is going to be very, very unhappy.
I shot photos of the unpacking, there is nothing wrong with the packing, the trucking company in Sumner, Wa. is 30 miles away.
The delivery driver told my wife that he was delivering 6 scooters in Seattle.
I am going to call EVTAMERICA in Miami, it is 7pm eastern, unlikely that they are there.
I will post pictures of the unpacking this weekend with what the resolution to the problem is.

Mr Baker

I did not call EVT, I went under to check the points where the motor could get killed, sure enough, the return spring on the main kickstand was not connected, so it was not up all the way. The spring is attatched, the scooter is fine, resolved before my wife got home. All good. I now have a midterm due, and need a new helmet, so testing will wait a few days.
WooooHoooo!

davew
davew's picture

The spring is attached, the scooter is fine, resolved before my wife got home.

Your marriage must work a lot like mine. :-)

Congrats on the new scooter!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• gln103

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage