Are LiFePO4 ready for 60v scooters?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shayler
Shayler's picture
Are LiFePO4 ready for 60v scooters?

I found these 30v 10ah batteries at Powerizer.
http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4298
Is this a good price? Has anyone bought from them before? Can 6 on these be installed (2 series of 3 paralleled making 60v at 30AH) on the xm2000, z20, or zap scooter? What other venders are out there who sell something like this?

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: Are LiFePO4 ready for 60v scooters?

I think they'd work - but 6 would set you back around $2673.24 so it's not a very good price.

You could get 20 LiFePO4 40Ah cells (for a 60v 40 Ah pack) from electricmotorsport.com for $2000 (33% more power for 20% less money). That's 83 cents per Wh.

Foxx (see another post on this board) are offering cells at $0.95 per Watt Hour - so a 60V30Ah pack would cost $1710. Unfortunately PJD didn't have very good luck with their responsiveness - but maybe that will change?

Not all LiFePO4 batteries are created equal - I don't know the relative quality of any of these three solutions.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Shayler
Shayler's picture

Great find. Has anyone tried them out and can I get some feed back?
http://www.electricmotorsport.com/store/ems_ev_parts_batteries_thunder_sky.php
Can I just wire 20 of them up in series with no problem (60v at 40AH)?

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Electric Motorsport isn't selling BMS and for a charger I think they'd sell you a custom programmed Zivan. The battery they're selling is thundersky and there is a thundersky groun on yahoo!groups which has been there for years (and years and years) the the people there are very familiar with not just the thundersky batteries but other lithium batteries.

astar

I was wondering if you could take those 20 LiFePO4 cells and group them into five banks of 4 cells each, and use five 12v Vector chargers to charge each bank of 4 cells. Would a Vector smart charger work to charge 4 LiFEPO4 cells correctly? I understand that each cell is 3.2v or so charged. What voltage do they need to have applied to reach full power when charging? I'm assuming no BMS.

Would the 4 cells in each bank get out of balance with each other? I am thinking about going this way, and also using the new PakTrakr for Lithium to monitor each cell. I think the PakTrakr would at least tell me if the cells were out of balance; not sure what I'd do with that info though.

ZEV 7100 Alpine
Fort Collins, CO

runfeng

hello shayler,
we are specialized in produce LiFePO4 batteries,
we can produce nearly all the models of LiFePO4 batteries which can find on the market,
for more information, please see our website : www.realforce.com.cn
welcome to visit our website,

Steven
sales_ae [at] realforce.com.cn
sdfeiniu [at] hotmail.com

KAE

I recommend Kennedy Alternative Energy. They have a much better price on these cells, and a quality inspection and assembly process for LiFePO4 packs of any specification. You can save Thousands compared to batteryspace on a large pack like this.

-Joseph Kennedy

Kennedy Alternative Energy
http://www.kennedyalternativeenergy.com

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage