Wierd Zapino problems

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
nacnud
nacnud's picture
Wierd Zapino problems

Hey all, sorry to sound like such a "noob" on this forum, but I ran into a few very odd (and super annoying) Zapino issues in the last few days.

1. Something on my wheels keeps squeaking.. incessantly... I have tried many times to drown it with WD-40 but is seems like it just keeps getting louder. Not to mention, I can't really determine where the squeak is coming from, except from the front wheel.. Everything seems like it's tight and not loose.

2. The latch on my seat that locks down to the bike snapped off this morning as I was trying to shut it. Seems like it was soldered on before. Is there a replacement to this?

Again, sorry to waste everyone's time with such trivial issues, but these little things are really frustrating! Any help you can give will be much appreciative!

sgmdudley
Re: Wierd Zapino problems

there was a noise/sqeek in another brand of scooter that turned out to be lack of lubrication grease in the speedometer drive in the front wheel. I added some more red wheel bearing grease to mine. (original grease is red also). I have heard that the only way to shut the seat is hold the key in unlock as you close it. This is due to the cheap construction of the lock mechanism. If the part that broke is under the plastic, it should be a replacable part and ZAP should warranty it.

Robert Dudley
E-Scoot Tech

nacnud
nacnud's picture

Robert-

Thanks, I will try the grease thing out. I just called ZAP and they were very helpful and said it was in fact covered by the warranty and are sending another seat out. I guess I will just have to be much more careful with all of these parts.

By the way, with many of these retro-style mopeds, the rear turn signals jet out. So if your bike tips over because, oh lets say wind, they will break right out... It's very attractive. :sick:

-----------------
Jeremy Duncan

New Zapino owner as of 23 Jan 08

sgmdudley

Could also be in the speedometer cable housing. Quick check is disconnect the speedomter at the wheel and try it.

Robert Dudley
E-Scoot Tech

Mountain chen

Although this is 2008 ZAPINO,it is my hope that I can do some help.....

If noise come from front wheel ,just check the speed sensor conect to the front wheel and add some oil,as attachedspeed_sensor.jpg
These occured a lot on 2006 XM2000,but never happen again on 2007 ZAPINO,knows nothing on 2008 ZAPINO,

If the noise come from rear wheel,it should be motor problem.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage