scooter battery tester

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
ruprek
scooter battery tester

Does anybody know where I can buy a small battery tester? Preferably between the 12ah-22ah range. thanks

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture
Re: scooter battery tester

What sort of tester? Load tester? Capacity tester? Internal resistance tester? Need input :P.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

andrew
andrew's picture

Here's one from Harbor Freight. I bought their larger 500 amp model, which can be used to adjust the current to test any battery. It was cheap and I had to fix it. I'd keep the receipt in case you have to return either model.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

ruprek

Thanks for the info. And I really was impressed with the styling of the Lectra. Seems like a bike that would come into its own about now when electric vehicles are catching on. Very well written literature on the bike and brushless motors. What do those vehicles sell for?And is there anymore of those completely nutty, throwback, heavy iron looking motorcycles around? Major props to those who designed it. Outstanding!

andrew
andrew's picture

Back when they were sold, they were $4,500 or $5,000 or something like that, and came down to $4,000. Really a good deal, but back then I was in middle/high school so didn't have enough money to buy one. :(

I just keep the pic in my sig because I really think it was maybe the greatest attempt at producing an electric motorcycle. Don't bother mentioning the Vectrix if you re-read my last sentence, I'm talking about a motorcycle (I don't much care for scooters!). Apparently over 100 were produced. A few people have listed their Lectras here: http://www.evalbum.com/type/MTCY

There's a few around. I think there might still be one for sale in Florida. Check the yahoo discussion group here.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage