Battery pack status

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Webmaster
Webmaster's picture
Battery pack status

I've been thinking that I'd like to know approximately where the "50%" discharge is on my xb600 48 volt pack. Then, I can compare that to "miles" and know when I'm below that 50% discharge. I'm supposing I can get a fairly accurate reading by checking the pack voltage at the charge terminal and then checking it subsequently and if I know an approximate pack voltage that would be about 50% discharge I'd then know how many miles I can go before getting to that point...approximately. Does this make sense? Is there a "voltage number" that would indicate approximately a 50% discharge? I know the resting full charge reads 56 volts. Would a 50% discharge be like...49 volts...50, 51??? Is there a way to determine this?

Gushar

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture
Re: Battery pack status

Voltage is indicate of charge status, so yeah, you could guess at approximately where 50% discharge is. I think it's like around 11.3 or so volts per battery.

However, if you really want an accurate reading get a road amp-hour meter, like a Watts-Up or a Cycle Analyst. Since they actually measure how much energy you've actually taken out of the pack, they're much more accurate than any voltage meter.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage