Charge Configuration/Settings Comparison

1 post / 0 new
mikejuv
Charge Configuration/Settings Comparison

Here is a comparison of 3 ride/charge cycles on my Z20a with different charge settings. It might not be all that useful to others, but just in case, I thought I would post it. The purpose of the comparison was to determine timer settings for each charge configuration and establish a baseline for identifying when my batteries start to go bad.

Each ride used the same route. The 8-mile (GPS) route is over hilly terrain, rider 240lbs, PakTrakr temp ~20F on each ride (outside thermometer ~38F), PT logs @ 15 second intervals. For bank charging, I'm using the 10-wire setup with five Vector 1086B (2/4/6amp) chargers (not the 'simplified', 6-wire method). For string charging, I'm using the EVT factory charger.

Included in the graphs are a couple battery voltages I took with a digital multimeter (to compare against PT reported voltage). After each ride, I let the scooter sit for a few hours so I could see what the real battery voltage was.

Bank Charge 2-amp

• Full charge, sat 8+hours, ride 8-mile, sat 2-hours, Bank Charge 2-amp, Full Charge in 6-hours 15 minutes, Used 1.35Kwh
  • After riding, the scooter sat for 2 hours. PT indicated 78% State of Charge. EVT Gauge indicated 50%.
  • Battery 1, started spiking 2-hours after fully charging. Charger was turned off 7-hours after charge complete.
    This is new charger, which replaced one that showed similar behavior. Haven't tested enough to determine if this charger is also bad or if it is something else.

BankCharge_2amp_01.jpg

Bank Charge 6-amp

• Full charge, sat 8+hours, ride 8-mile, sat 1.5-hours, Bank Charge 6-amp, Full Charge in 3-hours 10 minutes, Used 1.32Kwh
  • After riding, the scooter sat for 1.5 hours. PT indicated 78% State of Charge. EVT Gauge indicated 50%.

BankCharge_6amp_01.jpg

String Charge

• Full charge, sat 8+hours, ride 8-mile, sat 6-hours, String Charge, Full Charge in 2-hours 45 minutes, Used 1.22Kwh
  • After riding, the scooter sat for 6 hours. PT indicated 80% State of Charge. EVT Gauge indicated 50%

StringCharge_01.jpg

• Used Kill-a-watt device to measure energy usage.
  • The PakTrakr reported voltage for all batteries is slightly higher than my digital multimeter readings. DMM readings were taken at the terminal strip on the bank charger, which was identical to readings taken at battery terminals.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• OlaOst
  • Iber
  • bilal792
  • AndresV10
  • Richard Wills

Support V is for Voltage