Got a chance to try out Golden Motors brushless 500 watt hub motor

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
andys
andys's picture
Got a chance to try out Golden Motors brushless 500 watt hub motor

Green Motors in Berkeley lent a neighbor of mine a bike to try out with a Golden Motors brushless 500 watt 36 volt rear hub motor. Nice looking set up. I got a chance to try it out, and it has a lot of torque for a fairly inexpensive set up. Top speed was only 18 MPH on a 26 inch wheel bike, so they must have geared them for hill climbing. Acceleration was very good as well. I wonder what it would do at 48 volts! I went up a 20 % grade hill almost as fast as I can with my BMC 900 watt set up.

http://www.goldenmotor.com/

scroll down and go into the E bike shop. I like that it is an inexpensive set up that is brushless, has good power, is efficient, and is available as a rear wheel set up. They even have a pedelec option and regen available as well.

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture
Repukken!!

Hmm, this is looking like a very good candidate for my next ebike project, actually. Rear wheel available, 20", brushless...

Anybody have any idea how hard these motors can be pushed }:)?

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

andys
andys's picture
Re: Repukken!!

I noticed they listed a 48 volt 800 watt controller as one of the regen controllers, but didn't have it available as an option in the drop down menus. Might be worthwhile contacting them about it. The Green Motors people in Berkeley seem to be sold on these kits.

Andy

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage