Battery boxes

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
skylark
Battery boxes

I would like to move from a rack mount, 3 battery system to a frame mount battery box with 4 batteries.

There are two water bottle mounting points, one on the seat post and one on the lower frame bar (don't know the right term for it). There could also be a strap across the frame and bolted down to the box near the top of the box.

I stacked four 12aH lead acid batteries in the frame, they fit although there is very little extra room at the top, which may be a problem. They fit in so that the narrow dimension is the dimension between the pedals so there should be no pedal interference.

What is a good material to make a battery holder from? My first thoughts are straps of aluminum which are clamped around the batteries and tightened with a bolt. There may need to be additional straps around each battery.

A wood box is another possibility. I am looking around for old metal cases from computer and electronic stuff but the chances of one fitting exactly are pretty slim. Anybody have pictures or examples of successful battery boxes?

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture
Re: Battery boxes

I was looking at these enclosures. I think you might find on about the right size if you search the net.

This one 16" X 14" X 8" might work.

Grandpa Chas S.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage