Vectrix - truly available?

42 posts / 0 new
Last post
rontivo
Vectrix - truly available?

Several weeks ago I contacted the local sales rep in SF to let them know I was interested in purchasing a Vectrix. There were some things I needed to pull together on my side before I was ready to write the check, but wanted to start the process. I was told that they were expecting a shipment of bikes, but that it'd probably be a couple of weeks before that shipment arrived. Last week I was told that the shipping company was going through an audit, so all shipments were on hold. This week I haven't heard anything, which leads me to worry that there may be some larger issues that has led to Vectrix halting the sale and shipment of their bikes.

Based on comments in this Forum related to Vectrix's financial reporting, sales have been slow, which means they should have inventory available. If Vectrix was reporting huge demand, then delays in being able to acquire a bike would be understandable. Since the reports are that sales are slow, it leads me to believe that there must be some other issue going on.

Has anyone else tried to purchase a bike in the last month or so, and if so, have you actually been able to get your hands on the bike?

-Ron

Vectrix-NH
Re: Vectrix - truly available?

From what I heard the recall on the battery has put them behind . The same people that assemble bikes are the ones doing the recall work. My Vectrix has been great . But they pick it up today to change the Battery . Sounds like everyone was working OT . Hope you can get yours soon . they are a lot of fun.

Herb

Hermes

Hello
I'm getting increasingly irrated by the lack of official information on the Vectrix.
For example, on the UK site there is no information whatsoever on dealers and pricing (In fact there is no information, period). So I went to the USA one to find a worldwide list. Ok, hardly anyone quote a "on the road" price as if it were a big secret, I clicked on several links there. Some are nonexisting sites, other so called dealers don't list the Vectrix on their site, and the rest have like a "email us or ring for more information" option.
What's the meaning of this ridiculous approach? This product has been out for a year not just the other day.
Who does their marketing, Homer Simpson?

GrooveConnection

As much as I would like this bike to succeed, this makes me feel they're getting worse and fumbling with the parachute.

Too bad, I hope it ain't true!

Mik
Mik's picture

Hello
I'm getting increasingly irrated by the lack of official information on the Vectrix.

Ok, hardly anyone quote a "on the road" price as if it were a big secret, I clicked on several links there. Some are nonexisting sites, other so called dealers don't list the Vectrix on their site, and the rest have like a "email us or ring for more information" option.
Who does their marketing, Homer Simpson?

Well put, Hermes!

Here is the price calculator from the German Twike site, that's how you do it!

http://www.twike.de/index.27.html

I do not understand why the English speaking country Twike dealers do not at least translate this exceptionally informative site in larger parts - the content is already there, most Germans speak English and could assist with translating, a child can apparently develop a website.....

Here is a link to the German Twike page on "Ladesteuerung" = Battery charging.
http://www.twike.de/ladesteuerung.18.html

The following page explains the different battery options and the effect on range etc.
http://www.twike.de/akku.17.html

This shows you where to buy:
http://www.twike.de/partner-deutschland.339.de.html ,
and this from whom: http://www.twike.de/index.35.html
There are many many more pages on their website of similar quality, you do not need to speak German to get the idea by clicking through it.
And there is a waiting list because they can hardly keep up with the demand!
Maybe the marketing teams of Vectrix are afraid that people will look at technical data and get scared off because it is complicated.

Doh!

That would be wrong in the context of introducing new technology like Twike, Vectrix or any other EV at this stage, because the potential buyers get attracted rather than repulsed by this sort of data.
It is easy enough to explain that all that complicated stuff is done by the charger and other technology automatically.
Their ads are marketing hype aimed at people with a short attention span. That approach might sell junk food and computer games and other products that are more or less part of the problem, but not high quality EV's.

And the people that like easy, reliable, clean transportation will surely start buying once they see them whizzing around in sufficient numbers. Happy riders will do the sales talk. And the pressure is on from rising fuel prices anyway.

Recently Vectrix Australia sent out vouchers to Vectrix owners. You are suposed to fill in your name and give them to potential buyers. The buyer would get AU$300.- off and the referrer would get a AU$300.- in-store credit voucher.
WHAT A JOKE!
Fix the problems with my Vectrix (exccesive gearbox noise and faulty side stand design) and tell me honestly if the range I get is all that can be expected or if there is something wrong with my Vectrix; if so, fix it.
Once I know that I have a Vectrix that works as well as the Vectrix which a potential buyer would get, then I will start to recommend buying to the people that ask me about the Vectrix.
I live on the edge of the area from which people usually commute to work on the Gold Coast - many others would be able to commute regularly on a Vectrix, even if they cannot recharge at work (like myself), even if 40km is the realistic range for a Vectrix.

I can make things sound better on a forum such as this by considering before I post, but in face to face interactions they get it straight from me.

All they have to do to boost sales on the Gold Coast is to give me a well working Vectrix; that will improve customer satisfaction by 100% and boost referrals immensely.

I bought the Vectrix despite their advertising, and the most annoying part of it all was the sales talk I got instead of answers to my questions!

If you live close to a knowledgeable Vectrix Service Center I do still recommend you buy one.

Mr. Mik

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Hermes

Thanks Mik, and everyone.

To be honest, if I hadn't come across this site and found all the information you provide, I'd already forgot about its existence or put it down simply as a bad or unavailable product.
I can understand about not giving too much technical information that for some would be just confusing. But they could at least let people know where to buy their product and for how much!
And it's beginning to look like there "might" be dealers in the London area, but if they are there they are acting like the Freemasons.
How difficult can it be to have a site that has:
1) General information about the product
2) colors and accessories available
3) PRICES!!!
4) Where to buy!!!

H

Vectrix-NH

Hi
All the Info you asked for is easy to find On they site http://www.vectrix.com/portal/us.php
They do have some old site that come up on google . Price and location ( go to Global dealer list , Not the dealer locator)

Hope that help .

I have had good experiance with them In Newport RI where I got mine. I had be fallowing the
Progress of development for years . They had better Info on the tec In the past. As some people have said they are trying to market to the in crowd , not the eco or tec.

My bike has worked great , I get 40 mile to a charge in my all around use ( some at 60 MPH about 10 mile of the 40)
It dose what it dose . If it will get you to and from where you go its great . If it dose not , Then It just not for you.

No Need To Bust on Vectrix , They make a bike that fit a nitch . not to replace all bikes. I run a Honda for cross country trips .

Herb

Hermes

Hello Vectrix NH

I don't think anyone on this site is busting Vectrix for the fun of it. There are concerns for those who had the bike for a while and concerns for those who are considering purchasing one and not finding adequate information.
There are also some who have bought the product and have had very good experiences..... noone is saying that you're too evangelical or partial (As opposed to those of us who are apparently busting it).
I have been on the USA site as I stated before and I clicked on the links of the global locator. It seems in fact that "most countries" have a list of dealers with no information.

Going back to my own situation, I live in London UK (Not planet Venus) and I'm still failing to find a dealer who advertise this product in a fashion that would entice people to buy it.
Further more, if one finds it hard to buy it he's inclined to think that it's even going to be harder to have it serviced or have problems solved.

No busting/bashing, just expressing a concern as someone who hasn't got money to throw at the wind.

Vectrix-NH

Your right we don't Have money to throw around . I am also conserd . I have my Vectrix . they are not a big Comp.
like BMW or Honda , who can sevive a bad roll out of a new Bike . If they get Bad press Vetrix could fail.
That would not be good for anyone . Sorry to sound harsh , but I saw 80 mpg and the electric car not make prodution in the 1970s . The car comp. actually took them back from leases and crushed them.

This planet needs things like Vectrix to make it.
This is about more then a bike its about the planet .

Hermes

" This planet needs things like Vectrix to make it.
This is about more then a bike its about the planet "

This planet needs more than a Vectrix, where have you been for the last 3000 years?

Besides, if the reason behind it was true to the core, then let's try to get through to as many people as possible.

I'm ready to listen, and yet I'm failing to find someone who speaks...... in the London area that is......

andrew
andrew's picture

Your right we don't Have money to throw around . I am also conserd . I have my Vectrix . they are not a big Comp.
like BMW or Honda , who can sevive a bad roll out of a new Bike . If they get Bad press Vetrix could fail.

I would be somewhat concerned about the support long term. This is why, if you live in the US or can somehow get one sent overseas, than I would personally get an electric GPR for now. Not that a Vectrix is bad, it's just somewhat immature now, and the components are non-standard, so if the company goes under, than good luck with keeping it running after your out $12k.

Please note that Vectrix has demonstrated very good support from reading the reviews here. I suspect that they can improve their bikes, fix the problems, and stay in business to support their bikes long term.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

Mik
Mik's picture

Hello Vectrix NH

Going back to my own situation, I live in London UK (Not planet Venus) and I'm still failing to find a dealer who advertise this product in a fashion that would entice people to buy it.

This is what you find for London if you follow Vectrix-NH's advice:
I do not know what it takes to entice you....

United Kingdom
London
Selfridges London
400 Oxford St
London
W1A 1AB
www.selfridges.com

KPM-UK Taxis PLC
Hemming House
Hemming Street
London
E1 5BL
Tel: 020 7377 2182
pdacosta [at] kpmutaxis.com
www.kpmutaxis.com

NICE Car Company, Ltd
332 Ladbroke Grove
London
W10 5AH
Lee French
Tel: 0845 642 3227
info [at] nicecarcompany.co.uk
www.nicecarcompany.co.uk

The Electric Transport Shop
183 York Way
London
N7 9LN
James McAlley
Tel: 01223 247410
sales [at] electricbikesales.co.uk
www.electricbikesales.co.uk

Classic Grand Prix
7 Shore Mews
London
E9 7TA
Tel: 0208 099 5488
oliver [at] classicgrandprix.net
www.classicgrandprix.net

Mr. Mik

rontivo

I received a call today from the sales rep that I've been working with, and as told that Vectrix is changing it's distribution model a little, and that there were two other local dealers that would be carrying the Vectrix maxi-scooters from now on. The implication was that it was a change in the model, not just a change in dealerships, and if that's true then that may explain why people may be experiencing difficulties finding dealers through their website. If that's the case, then I'd imagine their website will be updated sometime this month as the new distribution network kicks into play. The day when I can actually get my hands on one of these bikes may be soon approaching!

Hermes

This is what you find for London if you follow Vectrix-NH's advice:
I do not know what it takes to entice you....

Mr. Mik

Have you tried those links?

One "site not there"
One no mention of Vectrix
Two admittedly list it and price (At last!)
One list it for ??? guess

It would entice me not having to spend hours Googling for it, finding a list of insurerers to choose from (that actually quote cheaper prices than for a Petrol scooter)
Knowing that if something goes wrong I'm going to be looked after.
And a simple thing like changing a punctured tyre is not going to become like scaling the Everest.

My normal scooter shop that services my current bike have already informed that they will not be dealing with Vectrix and if I decide to buy one not to go crying to them afterwards.
Narrow minded and silly as they are it's the same answer I got from local garages too.

Final point. If I weren't interested in the Vectrix I wouldn't be here asking questions. I really would like it to do well, but as I said before they can only blame themselves for the slow uptake.
At present I'm toying with the idea, but nothing so far is whispering in my ear "buy-buy-buy"...
Will see at the end of the year.

Buzby
Buzby's picture

I think you've hit the nail on the head. We value dealerships because it gives us a local point of support, and we don;t expect the manufacturer to hold our hand with every problem. The fact Vectrix DO this is all credit to therm... but how long for? The business model of flying in an engineer with a suitcase of batteries is an unsustainable business model and should the inevitable happen, your support and only point of assistance disappears. It would appear that Vectrix are offering those that purchase direct £500 discount off list, this would probably reflect some (all or part?) of the dealer's margin - and since they aren't involved, these savings can be made. Add to this the nonsense of obtaining comptehensive insurance cover for a reasonable fee, it is not us (the riders) who have to make the first step to being 'green'. We're making the first step to being poor and letting insurers profit greatly from OUR interest in being 'green'. This does NOT make me feel greener... only stupid. What is the point in saving (say) £45pa on road tax if an insurer wants £120 MORE than a petrol bike to insure you? I do sincerely want this to work, and even with only one eye open it is easy to see that these problems will remain.

- Raymond

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

It would entice me not having to spend hours Googling for it, finding a list of insurerers to choose from (that actually quote cheaper prices than for a Petrol scooter)
Knowing that if something goes wrong I'm going to be looked after.
And a simple thing like changing a punctured tyre is not going to become like scaling the Everest.

My normal scooter shop that services my current bike have already informed that they will not be dealing with Vectrix and if I decide to buy one not to go crying to them afterwards.
Narrow minded and silly as they are it's the same answer I got from local garages too.

Final point. If I weren't interested in the Vectrix I wouldn't be here asking questions. I really would like it to do well, but as I said before they can only blame themselves for the slow uptake.
At present I'm toying with the idea, but nothing so far is whispering in my ear "buy-buy-buy"...
Will see at the end of the year.

The following is from the member chas_stevenson not as a Moderator.

If you were really interested as much as you claim to be, you would have bought one already. If I had not taken the time to do some simple research (googling as you say) I would not know what I do today and may not have 4 excellent electric bikes. What you are asking for is gas scooter infrastructure for the electric world, so just get a gas scooter and be done with it. You are finding every excuse there is to keep from going green so no matter how good the Vectrix gets you don't want one anyway, why bother.

I understand why the local shops don't want to deal with you.

In my opinion you are the kind of person who is all talk and no action, well I say it's time for a little less talk and a lot more action. I don't think you will learn any more in a year from now so stop wasting our time. Sorry there might be one exception, better batteries.

Whispering in Hermes ear "buy-buy-buy"...

My 2 watts worth,
Grandpa Chas S.

Hermes

Chas

I will refrain from answering you the way I'd like to and use the more "colourful" language you deserve.

But, for completness:

I currently own a petrol scooter that works fine but will need to retire by the end of the year. Hence I'm not rushing to buy another one tomorrow, be it electric, petrol or other.

As a sensible and not so well off person, I'm making preliminary enquiries about a product that I find interesting but failing to find adequate aftersale information from the manufacturer. Third party dealers are notoriously unreliable especially if they're not going to have a slice of the cake thereafter by for example charging you for services.

I really don't see what prompted your aggressive and somewhat rude post to me.
If you are a moderator I suggest you read the terms and conditions of the forum you're supposed to moderate, you'll find your own behaviour merits more reprimand than mine.
If you are not a moderator perhaps you could avoid reading my posts since they have such an adverse affect on you.

Have a nice day

H

Buzby
Buzby's picture

I understand why the local shops don't want to deal with you.

In my opinion you are the kind of person who is all talk and no action, well I say it's time for a little less talk and a lot more action. I don't think you will learn any more in a year from now so stop wasting our time. Sorry there might be one exception, better batteries..

You're certainly entitled to your opinion - but seeing you're not a Vectrix owner, are you even qualified to put forward your broad-brush condemnation of Hermes because he wants to make the right choice? If I'm spending the equivalent of $14,000 on a new bike, I'm going to make sure I'm not pouring my money down a well. The issue has NOTHING to do with being 'green', that's a no-brainier. It's ensuring that the money you pay out will provide the longevity of service you expect for the money you pay. My queries about being 'supported' with a dealer 400 miles away are well founded, if nobody nearer is prepared to even look at the problem (why should they, the manufacturer doesn't pay them) I'd stick with a petrol scoot and not have that additional worry.

If you can't see that as being an issue, YOU buy a Vectrix and let us know how you get on.

- Raymond

- Raymond

wiggo

At least the Vectrix is now available here in Sweden. The dealer that sell it is GP Batteries and they have been showing the vehicle on different fairs in Sweden. When I spoke with them last week they said they have started to take orders and the delivery time would be approx three weeks, shipped from the factory in Poland.

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

Raymond,

Written as a member:
Thank you for your post on my comment. I have no problem with your point of view. I would say you missed my point. Hermes has asked the same question on numerous posts here on VisforVoltage and has received a large number of good comments from the members. My point is, and others here have the same feeling, Hermes has been given answers but they don't seem to satisfy him. He also does not seem to be willing to do the required research to find the answers himself. I guess he copied off his neighbor in school too. Back to my point "a little less talk and a lot more action"!!! I know this forum was created for us to share knowledge but it would be nice if after some knowledge was imparted the person would actually read the information and ask any additional questions they now have and not just rephrase the same question over and over. Very frustrating to try and help someone like that. And that is the real Point!!!

Written as a Moderator:
You will note your post has been edited to remove the foul language. Foul language is unacceptable on VisforVoltage, please do not repeat this offense.

I feel I must apologize to the Members as I am way off topic. Sorry now back to Vectrix - truly available?

Grandpa Chas S.

andrew
andrew's picture

I think Hermes has some valid concerns, and is posting some informative information. I had no idea that scooter shops wouldn't service a Vectrix. And believe me, it annoys me to no end when companies don't post information about products and services on their websites. This makes me want to buy from businesses that have the guts to be upfront on costs and products so I can make a decision without wasting my time inquiring about a product.

However, Chas S. also has some good points. If you want to get something, sometimes you have to use whatever you have available to get it done. I built my motorcycle, and I researched for probably 100s of hours reading evalbum listings, contacting various distributors, and reading books. I found and used whatever sources of information and products that I could, and they didn't come to me knocking on my door. And, I got some great deals, and found some great information that I would never have found if I didn't have a proactive attitude.

Even if you annoy someone with dumb questions, it never hurts to ask them. Make some calls. Contact some people. The least they can do is spend a few minutes on the phone to give you some information for $12,000 USD. Go to the dealer. Go to a few dealers. The more information you get, the better.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

Hermes

"copied off my neighbours at school"

I'm speachless.

Next I'm going to be told what food I like and the name of my first girlfriend.....
and this is across the ocean.

Sorry I asked questions, it wasn't my intention to get on people's nerves. I'll ask no more.

Bye

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Written as a Moderator:
You will note your post has been edited to remove the foul language. Foul language is unacceptable on VisforVoltage, please do not repeat this offense.

Also speaking as a Grandpa - I wonder what you feel was 'foul language'. I never resort to it as it achieves nothing and serves no purpose other than be inflamatory, so if you care to PM me and explain what caused the offence I can establish whether you misinterpreted what was said.

Whilst we're on the subject of being inflamatory, notwithstanding your view on Hermes' posting, continuing the uncalled for barrage - now you accuse him of cheating - are these insults going to continue...? I realise it may be your ballpark, but some of us are not too quick on the uptake, and with my fellow Brit accused as a 'cheat' and me now branded as providing posts that contain foul language... I'm afraid I also take offence (offense) at this treatment and feel the usefulmess of this forum will become restricted to lurkers, who simply take and do not contribute.

- Raymond (Scotland)

- Raymond

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

I see I have insulted some fine people without really meaning to. I guess the problem should have been resolved off line. I now feel that since I did not take this off line I must apologize on line as well. It was not my intension to insult, only to make a point which I apparently was unable to make. I am sorry I offended some of our members and hope they will forgive me for this transgression and continue to ask questions and be a part of this forum. I guess I am just another flawed human who made a mistake.

Sorry,
Grandpa Chas S.

Mik
Mik's picture

I see I have insulted some fine people without really meaning to.
Sorry,
Grandpa Chas S.

It happens to the best of us...

It can be darn difficult to hold your horses at time...

Mr. Mik

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Honor restored all round.... now back to some sensible questions! ;)

- Raymond

Hermes
Elusive Vectrix

I went out today determined to meet the Vectrix face to face, prior to a possible test drive in July.
Got into Oxford street and marched into Selfridges. First I proceeded looking for it in the departments I considered obvious like "Technology" and "Sport and Leisure". Failing to see it I asked the sales assistance that replied with a blank expression to my question. So I went to the customer services desk and once again they had no idea of what I was talking about. ie "A motorcycle?, here at Selfridges?".
I then went to Harrods in Knightsbridge, and went straight to the 5th floor. I asked once again at the counter where they dealt with bicycles and such and this time I was answered: "Oh yeah, the Vectrix. Straight ahead and on the right, you'll see them." So I went on with renewed excitment, checked in every corner and found nothing. Asked again and was told that they only knew of an electric car, perhaps have a look around there. So went on in search of the electric car hoping to find my loot. The electric car turned out to be a golf buggy. Asked again and this time I was told that the Vectrix had been on display until two weeks ago and now are online-sale items only.

Needless to mention that I haven't spotted one driving past or stationary in London, and I have the sight of an eagle.

Again, a bit disappointed.

duca
Re: Elusive Vectrix

Hermes,
I'd be not that disappointed to not find a Scooter in a fashion house: these big general stores won't keep such costy items on stock.
The following links provided by Mik seem to work

NICE Car Company, Ltd
332 Ladbroke Grove
London
W10 5AH
Lee French
Tel: 0845 642 3227
info [at] nicecarcompany.co.uk
www.nicecarcompany.co.uk

The Electric Transport Shop
183 York Way
London
N7 9LN
James McAlley
Tel: 01223 247410
sales [at] electricbikesales.co.uk
www.electricbikesales.co.uk

Classic Grand Prix
7 Shore Mews
London
E9 7TA
Tel: 0208 099 5488
oliver [at] classicgrandprix.net
www.classicgrandprix.net

while it could be the sales channel of the future, I still have problems with the idea to find any kind of motor vehicle for sales in a general store who seems more specialized in fashion articles.

If I'd be you, I'd call beforehand above shops to make sure they have one Vectrix ti show, in order not to take the journey for nothing and then I would go and give it a try.

Regards

Hermes

I've received a very nice email today:

Hi XXXX

The price for a Vectrix Electric Maxi Scooter is now £4995.

Call me on 0800 9XX 2XXX

Love Planet Earth – We Do

Michael XXXX

RG Vectrix Dealership Limited

This is very good news, it's like £2000 cheaper than it was a month ago.
I asked him to fix me for a test ride, I might be purchasing sooner than I thought. although I still have to do some lengthy enquiries. Like Insurance, local servicing etc.

Teresa

Vectrix is now available at Granny's Motorsports in South Florida. Go to www.grannysmotorsports.com

Buzby
Buzby's picture

I got the same email and followed it up. Michael proved to be just the contact I needed, and we had sewn up a deal within days. The bike is being delivered next week, and whilst I'll never be using RG as my 'local' dealer (we're 400 miles distant), I like supporting the dealer channel, especially when they manage to undercut the official Vectrix list price (Which has also cone dowm but not by as much). I hope RG get volume sales out of their initiative.

- Raymond

Pages

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage