Greenline Bicycles EB-1826 Electric Bike? Anybody know anything about them?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
LaughsAtSpandex
Greenline Bicycles EB-1826 Electric Bike? Anybody know anything about them?

Greenline Bicycles EB-1826 Electric Bike

Motor – 260 Watts
Top Speed – 16 mph without pedaling
Range – 19 Miles
Battery – 24 Volts Nickel Metal Hydride
Charge Time – 4 Hours (Smart Charger Included)
Front suspension
3 Piece crank arms
Double walled rims
Complete Shimano 7-speed pedal drive train
Front hub brushless motor
Weight -70 pounds
Suspension seat post
Rear axle side stand
Rear cargo rack
Full fenders
Front and rear generator powered lights
Front and rear linear pull brakes
90 day warranty
Available in Flat Black

I've seen these around online, and I've never heard of them before now. I'm in the market for a new bike (once I sell my customized IZIP HG-1000) and this looks decent.

I'm not willing to spend more than $800 for a new bike, and it needs to be svelte. I love the HG-1000, but it's a big beast of a 36v bike, and weighs 90 lbs. with the battery pack. I'm looking to get a bike that can be pedaled easily, and can be put on the bus bike rack if need be. There's no way I could get the HG-1000 on the bus, and pedaling it without a motor is a bit rough.

On the other hand, the HG-1000 is sturdy as can be, has great torque for hills, and lots of range for a Currie bike. Lots of space on the rear rack, too.

I'd build a bike, but I do NOT want to take up the rear rack or frame with a custom battery pack. I need the bike to have a built-in place for the battery where it won't get in the way of carrying cargo. I can't see the sense in having an e-bike and then loading up the rack with 50 pounds of batteries in an ugly bag. That might work if speed is what you want, but I'm more interested in the bike being as slim and trim as possible, with a range of about 15 miles, give or take.

The enlightened IZIPs are nice, but they are pedal-assist only. I want a throttle, dammit! They're also out of the budget.

Anyway, the Greenline seems like a nice bike. Yes, the battery pack is on the rear rack, but it seems to be made to accommodate the slim pack plus some cargo.

Any thoughts?

Oh, by the way-- Hi! I've lurked for a long time. Now I'm here for real. Nice to meetcha.

johny b
Re: Greenline Bicycles EB-1826 Electric Bike? Anybody know anyt

Have you looked at the Liberty Electric Bikes? The 443 mountain bike could fit your price but maybe little heavy for you at around 77 lbs or so. The 415 is very sweet and powerful. But might be a little much for your $800 budget. These both have the ever popular throttles though.

LaughsAtSpandex

Yeah... The Liberty bikes seem a little unusual as far as the shape of the frame goes. I'm thinking of something more "standard" in design.

The Greenline's a little underpowered. I was just impressed at seeing a newer battery type in a lower-cost bike.

bestbrandworld

I see that this post is outdated by a few months, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

The EB-1826 isn't really available from Greenline any more. Greenline discontinued it and has replaced it with a few new models. The new models are the EB-8424, EB-8524, EB-8624, and the EB8626. The specs are similar, but the styles have greatly improved. The new style is based on their beach cruiser designs. So now you can get a electric motorized beach cruiser. They also have three different modes of use. Pedal only, pedal assist, and electric only. For pedal only and pedal assist, the bike used a 7 speed Shimano gearing system. The battery and charger have also been updated to a Lithium Ion system. The going price for these bikes is $800 plus a flat $89 for shipping.

Please come see the bikes on my webpage at http://www.bestbrandworld.com/bike

-Ken
BestBrandWorld.com

Come buy a bike at bestbrandworld!
http://www.bestbrandworld.com/bike

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002