Anyone in San Diego CA own a Zapino?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tanner
Tanner's picture
Anyone in San Diego CA own a Zapino?

I have been doing a lot of research on the Zapino and am seriously considering purchasing one. I recently installed a 7.6 kW photovoltaic system and would like to use some of that energy to get me to and from work every day. So far I haven't been able to find a dealer in San Diego where I can see a Zapino and was wondering if there is anyone on this forum that lives in San Diego that owns a Zapino?

awalsh
Re: Anyone in San Diego CA own a Zapino?

Talk to Vespa of San Diego...(619)574-0018.
Thay have some.

Tanner
Tanner's picture

Thanks. They do have two in stock but not my color choice.

Steve Tanner

awalsh

call ZAP. They will hook you up.
800-251-4555 x202

Tanner
Tanner's picture

OK, maybe so I'm the only Zapino owner in San Diego CA? Anyway, if there are any lurkers out there in San Diego I got mine at Vespa of Oceanside. I ordered it from Joel and got it delivered a week later. They offer free pick up and delivery from you home if the scooter needs any servicing. This is for the life of the scooter. I liked that because I didn't want to be cruising the Zapino on the Interstate to Oceanside ;)

Steve Tanner

reikiman
reikiman's picture

OK, maybe so I'm the only Zapino owner in San Diego CA? Anyway, if there are any lurkers out there in San Diego I got mine at Vespa of Oceanside. I ordered it from Joel and got it delivered a week later. They offer free pick up and delivery from you home if the scooter needs any servicing. This is for the life of the scooter. I liked that because I didn't want to be cruising the Zapino on the Interstate to Oceanside ;)

Last time I checked this site hasn't managed to get every last citizen of the U.S.A. to be registered on the site.

Therefore it's unlikely the lack of an answer here is a clear indicator that there are zero zapino owners in San Diego. There may be Zapino owners who have not registered with this site. There may be Zapino owners who have registered but simply not seen your question.

And, yeah, local dealers who have brick and mortar shops are a good thing.

JWilly

It looks like I have a Zapino and live in San Diego. I thought it was a generic Chinese scooter but after looking at the Zap photos I think that is the same as mine.
How do you like it?
I have had mine for a year now. Already changed out the batteries and built a bank charger.

Wilcox Designs
La Mesa, CA 91941
2007 Zapino
EVT-Z20b
solar charged W/ 1Kw
system on garage roof

Tanner
Tanner's picture

It looks like I have a Zapino and live in San Diego. I thought it was a generic Chinese scooter but after looking at the Zap photos I think that is the same as mine.
How do you like it?
I have had mine for a year now. Already changed out the batteries and built a bank charger.

So far I have been enjoying it, but I have only owned it a week. I have PakTrakr installed to monitor the individual battery conditions and have a BattEQ on order to balance the batteries. I am not doing the bank charging like you are doing so I needed to get BattEQ to help with battery balancing. What type of batteries did you originally have and what did you replace them with?

You say it looks like a Zapino. Does your scooter have a name on it? Where did you purchase it? I'm just trying to figure out if it is a 2007 Zapino. There is some information on this forum that may help you determine if it is a Zapinio. On the motor you should see "erider" stamped on the side if it is from the same factory where Zapinos are manufactured.

Steve Tanner

awalsh

The body style of the Zapino is fairly generic, but the components are not.

If it does not say "ZAP" anywhere on it, it's not a Zapino, in which case it probably does not have a 3000W Hub Motor.

JWilly

I bought it from Maxxstar in El Cajon. He no longer sells them because of all the troubles with these scooters.
The motor is stamped Erider 2000W which made me think it might be a Zap. Sounds like it is not now.
Specs are:
2000W hub
5 silicone Batts. 60V
Front and rear disk brakes.
Two speed shifter automatically built into the controller-no Manual shifting.
A limiter switch under the left handle bar. cuts it down to 30 KM and a more gradual accelerating for tight spots.
I routinely get it to 80 Km but it is more like 45 MPH. Range is around 33 Km.
I replaced the bad Chinese batts with DCM0035 From Interstate here in San Diego. Very happy with these batts.
I ride it 100-200 Km a week and have cut my SUV gas use in half or more.

Wilcox Designs
La Mesa, CA 91941
2007 Zapino
EVT-Z20b
solar charged W/ 1Kw
system on garage roof

Tanner
Tanner's picture

I replaced the bad Chinese batts with DCM0035 From Interstate here in San Diego. Very happy with these batts.
quote]

Can you tell me how much the replacement batteries cost at Interstate? Where is Interstate located?

I hear you about cutting the gasoline bill. And you are helping our environment at the same time.

Steve Tanner

JWilly

Tanner,
They are actually B&B batteries under Interstates name. They cost $384.75 for the set plus a $25.00 core charge. Out the door $441.51.
Best deal I found--even on the internet.

Interstate Batteries
9345 Cabot Dr.
San Diego, CA 92126
858-271-5003

I design Solar solar systems and would like to check out your rack sometime. It looks pretty good if that is the one in the photo.

Wilcox Designs
La Mesa, CA 91941
2007 Zapino
EVT-Z20b
solar charged W/ 1Kw
system on garage roof

Tanner
Tanner's picture

Thanks for the info on the batteries. That is a great price and it is nice to be able to get them locally.

The solar system is 7.622 kW (AC rated) with 44 panels. Cummulative electricity production since it was put into service 19 months ago is 26.39 MWh. It keeps the scooter running ;)

Steve Tanner

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage