converting a 36v ev global e-bike to 48v

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
hdrider41
converting a 36v ev global e-bike to 48v

if anybody was able to convert their 36v e-bike to 48v and would like to tell me if they were able to fit in ev global battery compartment with the original charger pack with all the bike original options working ie headlight ,tailight.cruise control. and would like to tell me where to by the battery. i would love to hear from you. i have about a 20 mile trip each way to and from work and would love to make my trip a little faster and have power all the way home

Ian
Re: converting a 36v ev global e-bike to 48v

Hey Franko
As I mentioned on a few other posts I have 46v 13ah nimh with all the cells inside the frame, on a 24v global e-bike but this is stripping out all the original electrics, and it sounds like you want to stick with sla batteries also, so I am not sure how helpful my process would be for you.

Therefore the only way I can think of if you want to keep everything including the sla charger would be to buy a new 36v sla for the existing bay and charger and then add a 12v 8ah sla on the rear pannier and use a seperate charger for that.

Its possible this might fry your electrics however after a while, (unless someone knows how to prevent this electrically), so to play it safe you could try adding a 6v 8ah on the rear for 42v 8ah total and this might just give you enough range one way (so you charge at work).

the 36v sla is quite rare but you can get it:
http://www.robotmarketplace.com/store_batteries_wp.html

hal90002010

No Don't Stop!

The 36 volt SLA right off the charger is at about 46 volts. It will drop to 42 volts when you hit the throttle and slowly drop to about 28 volts.

4 12 volt SLAs would be at about 58 volts fully charged.

If the fuse in the controller did not blow, you would increase the top speed 2 mph but at the cost of allot of heat. You would fry the controller.

I started using 6 36 volt(in parallel ) Dewalt Nano Phosphate Lithium Ion in Aug 2007. Top speed is 16 mph but range is 24 miles uphill. Have gone another 2 to 5 miles easy a few times. I discharge straight from the battery(I bypass BMS) and charge using the Dewalt charger. They charge in an hour.

I have been riding the same routes on this ebike since Feb 2003 (Platte River and Mile High canal mostly) hills that would eat an SLA in two minutes I now fly up at 16 MPH.
The Sante Fe hill at C470 , 16 MPH no pedaling, yes That Hill.

ION POWERED EBIKE this battery has got to be from the future. Good Luck

softwareteacher

I have read the reply that indicated that dewalt batteries were used to convert the 36 ebike, but I was hoping form more detaled instrctions. For instance where did you purchase the batteries, did you modify them and could you provide a wiring diagram for someone who has never touched a battery in his life.

Thanks

softwareteacher

I have read the reply that indicated that dewalt batteries were used to convert the 36 ebike, but I was hoping form more detaled instrctions. For instance where did you purchase the batteries, did you modify them and could you provide a wiring diagram for someone who has never touched a battery in his life.

Thanks

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage