NOW AVAILABLE - NuVinci CVP Model N171B Gear ratio 350%

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture
NOW AVAILABLE - NuVinci CVP Model N171B Gear ratio 350%

I have no affiliation with this site or product. I have been trying to find where to buy this product for some time now and thought others here may also be interested.

Grandpa Chas S.

NuVinciTM for Bicycles
Working on behalf of and with interested OEM customers, ATC is defining the state of the art for internal hub transmissions and revolutionizing the bicycle industry by simplifying the complex world of gears and dérailleurs for the novice and casual cyclist. NuVinci technology provides an intuitive ride experience that is unmatched in the industry for its ease of use and pleasurable ride experience. NuVinci technology enables the average, non-technical consumer to enjoy the cycling experience without the frustration of trying to find the right gear; with NuVinci you have the ability to ride at "your speed".

NuVinci CVP Model N171B Gear ratio 350%

You may want to look at this version that has the ability to be driven from the peddles and a motor. The third inner sprocket can be removed and this unit can then be laced into a standard 36 hole rim.

NuVinci CVP Dual Mid Drive - Gear box

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: NOW AVAILABLE - NuVinci CVP Model N171B Gear ratio 350%

Do you know if they have a product suitable for an electric motor scooter? I'm still really interested in finding out how beneficial (or not) a multi-ratio transmission would be for a scooter.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

John,

Take a look at the second link in my first post. This unit would work for a scooter as long as it does not have a hub motor.

Chas S.

wanders

The third inner sprocket can be removed and this unit can then be laced into a standard 36 hole rim.

Chas:

I think you would need a special order. From the NuVinci website, here's a different angle on their mid-drive transmission:

nuvinci.jpg

Looks like they drill and tap every third hole on the drive side of the hub. But they should be able to deliver a special order hub without too much effort.

Willie

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

Thanks, I did not see this angle of the hub. I think you are right, the holes do appear to be drilled larger to accommodate the bolts holding the third sprocket in place.

I think I am going to get one to put on a bike using one of the motors from Cyclone. I'll have to contact them and see if they will build one without the third sprocket. As soon as I know I'll post it here for others.

Chas S.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage