7 posts / 0 new
Last post
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Who runs Fun-EV?
jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: Who runs Fun-EV?

AFAIK, the owner of that site is DanCar on these forums. He's selling the EFun-D bike.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

awalsh

Interesting that he's offering a LiFePO4 E-Fun D ~with or without~ a Battery Management System....

Am I wrong in assuming that without a BMS you are just about guaranteed to have problems with a lithium pack?

andrew
andrew's picture

Am I wrong in assuming that without a BMS you are just about guaranteed to have problems with a lithium pack?

We need more information at this point, but my bet is that you definitely would. According to Battery Powered Systems:

These "Lightning Bolt" batteries will remain balanced as long as you do not exceed 3C in discharge. If you exceed 3C in discharge they will become imbalanced over time. This will not damage them but it will require that they be individually re-balanced to regain their full capacity. To avoid the hassle of taking your packs apart to balance them we recommend that you employ automatic balancers in your packs...

You may use almost any pure DC isolated charger to charge the packs if you employ the PakTrakr and BatteQ technology in your vehicle. Set your upper limits at 3.8VDC per cell, and your lower at 2.7VDC per cell and you are all set.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

DanCar

Interesting that he's offering a LiFePO4 E-Fun D ~with or without~ a Battery Management System....

It depends on the time frame and driving conditions. They have been used for 6 months (10-14 mile commute) with out slightest battery imbalance. Summer heat might may help create an imbalance. Based on this data I'm telling people if your have a similar commute you don't need a charge management system until after a year.

http://www.fun-ev.com

PJD
PJD's picture

It depends on the time frame and driving conditions. They have been used for 6 months (10-14 mile commute) with out slightest battery imbalance.

I find this surprising. Can you provide cell voltage readings at the end of charging that support this? What is the volts per cell that you are charging them to?

DanCar

Here is what I specified to the mfg.
li-ion_battery_range.jpg

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage