"They've been pulling the wool over our eyes for years haven't they?"

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
"They've been pulling the wool over our eyes for years haven't they?"

http://www.evalbum.com/1689

I am not a mechanic. I began this project because I was angry about oil, the Iraq war, pollution and the general greed of the oil/automotive industries. What I discovered was that it wasn't as hard or as expensive as I thought it would be. When I took my 85 year old dad out on the first test run he turned to me and said, almost sadly: " They've been pulling the wool over our eyes for years haven't they?"

andys
andys's picture
Re: "They've been pulling the wool over our eyes for years haven

I ran into fellow the other day whose son played ball with mine 3 years ago. he still has his fully electric Toyota RAV and is approaching 77,000 with the original battery pack. That was a 80 MPH, 120 mile range factory built car sold 6 or 7 years ago. That is a large piece of wool being pulled .

He told me its going to be tough getting a replacement battery, as the oil companies bought the rights to the large cell NIMH batteries it uses and then closed the factory down that made them. To me, someone should go to jail for doing that.

Andy

dogman
dogman's picture
Re: "They've been pulling the wool over our eyes for years haven

on the other hand that rav 4 may go 144000 miles but with only 60 mile range by then which would be 30 more miles than the range i need. the best lipo4's just might get bought away from us, but the inferior ones may be good enough for us to all get around in a voltswagon.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation