The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly with my new Bionx PL350

1 post / 0 new
BobotheDestroyer
BobotheDestroyer's picture
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly with my new Bionx PL350

Hello everyone,

After following these forums for some time, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Bionx PL350 about a month ago. I want to share what I have learned from my experience.

The Good:
I purchased the Bionx system from http://smartbikeparts.com/index.php and I can't say enough good things about these guys. I paid MUCH less for the system and accessories than I would have in Canada. If you're interested in anything bike related, give these guys a call. Ask for Eric, he's great to work with. If your ordering from Canada, give him a little more and have him ship it by UPS (see the bad for more details).

The Bionx system itself is fabulous to operate. I wanted my electric bike to be hassle free to ride and give me a reasonable amount of exercise. Bionx system does both in spades.

If you find you need parts for your Bionx system fast (battery charger in my case) call JVBikes in Vancouver. They stock most things and ship fast. I got it the next day.

The Bad:
Within 5 days, my charger blew. Getting a quick warranty was painful. Bionx would not return my calls or e-mails, and the dealer couldn't contact them either. Eventually it was resolved, but I had to buy one from JVBikes so I could get to work (took my car off the road).

My wheel arrived warped and slightly oval in shape. I'm not sure if it was damaged during shipment, or just poorly built. The box was pretty badly beaten though as it was shipped US Post and was the probably to blame. Pay a little more to avoid this problem.

The Ugly:
Don't buy the 9 speed freewheel! It will not work with any rapid fire shifter as the gear spacing is from another planet. Instead, buy a 7 speed freewheel ($25) and on old 7 speed shifter ($20) and spare yourself the grief.

That's about it. Here's a picture of my beast.

DSCF0315.jpg

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage