Dogmans Wilderness Energy bikes.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
dogman
dogman's picture
Dogmans Wilderness Energy bikes.

I've been really happy with my el cheapo brushed hubs. I had a charger problem with the first one but the dealer sent me a new one right away. Here are a few pics. The trike runs on 36 or 48 volt sla, and the mtb on a 36 volt 20 ah ping lifepo4. BD_36_on_Schwinn_trike.jpgBD_36_on_Mongoose_bike.jpgBD_36_on_Schwinn_trike.jpg

coolio
Re: Dogmans Wilderness Energy bikes.

Does the Mongoose have a suspension front fork? Can't tell from pix. If so, any problems with installing or spreading the fork, installing a support arm?

dogman
dogman's picture

yes it is a suspension fork. I cannot recomend what I did. To get the clearance to fit the hub in the fork, I bashed the steel forks near the dropouts with a sledghammer. The really cheap suspension forks are just tubes pinched flat at the dropouts. It just can't last very long, and I am still searching for the type of steel suspension fork that will work unmodified. Since I have 1" steer tube, its turning out hard to do. I may just have to go to plain no suspension chromoly. Meanwhile i inspect that fork a lot! I have found the fork I want on a kmart bike, but am loath to buy another bike too soon. For a cheapie bike I'm pretty happy with the v brakes. I barely use the shifter unless the motor won't run.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

silentguy

The batteries are in the front carrier ?

What is the toolbox on the back for ?
Just storage ?

dogman
dogman's picture

The toolbox carries a 36 volt, 20 ah Lifepo4 battery from ping at ebay. I have a 80% uphill ride home every day. The lithium will climb the hill home for 18 miles at full throttle. With the stock lead batteries, only about 6 miles. The front bag is for commuting stuff, jackets for the morning, lock, etc.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

silentguy

Cool, I guess a metal box is safer and more sturdy than a nylon bag.
However, you have to be careful about shorting the batts, due to conduction of the metal.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage