HCF wiring diagram

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
593bayside
HCF wiring diagram

This scooter has two 12v 20Amh batteries in a box. The batteries were replaced w/o noting the connections. There is one red, one black and one yellow all of the same guage. The batteries are connected in series with a short greenish jumper wire. The red goes to the remaining positive terminal and the black goes to the remaining negative terminal but where does the yellow go???

It likely goes to the same terminal as the red to make 24 volts. Or does it go to the first battery to provide 12 volts for say lights??

If there is a DC to DC converter in the chassis wiring that could step down the 24 volts to power the 12 volt lights.

The charger only connects to the red and green wires thru a connector.

But I just do not know. Help greatly appreciated.

andrew
andrew's picture
Re: HCF wiring diagram

Can you take a picture? I think you mean the charger connects to the red and black wires?

Where does the yellow wire run to?

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

593bayside

Andrew, thanks for responding. I just solved it. I first tried connecting the yellow for an output of 24volts which fried the stop light and the running lights were really bright. So, I connected the yellow to now yield 12 volts and everything runs fine. Just now need to replace the brake/tail light.

Thanks again, Phil

andrew
andrew's picture

It sounds like it is using one of the batteries to power the 12v lights. This is very bad for battery balance if both batteries are charged in series. I would get two 12v chargers to charge each battery separately. Batteryspace.com carries some 12v smart chargers, or you could go with some Vectors.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage