Hybrid Scooters

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
smace
Hybrid Scooters

I have seen a couple of post about new hybrid scooters. These are interesting, but like the automobile, these seem to be electric assist gas scooters.
How would you go about making a gas assisted electric scooter. I have some thoughts, but would like to see some other feed back.
Reason: yes more complicated, but might help with the range problem.

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture
Re: Hybrid Scooters

You might want to look at this one, it seeme to be able to run on either gas or electric and it starts off on the electric motor then the gas kicks in to help the electric for more power or speed.

Grandpa Chas S.

Mik
Mik's picture

Get a small motor bike instead of a scooter and put a high powered RC model type motor on the swingarm and batteries in the saddle bags.

Replace chain with belt drive.

Run ICE when battery is empty or when hard acceleration is needed.

Charge from mains or alternator.

Used Virago 250cc are cheap, have a low seat and are ubiquitous - you could develop plans and kits and sell thousands!

Mr. Mik

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

smace

You might want to look at this one, it seeme to be able to run on either gas or electric and it starts off on the electric motor then the gas kicks in to help the electric for more power or speed.

I saw this one, it is actually the one that started me wondering

Get a small motor bike instead of a scooter and put a high powered RC model type motor on the swingarm and batteries in the saddle bags.

Replace chain with belt drive.

Run ICE when battery is empty or when hard acceleration is needed.

Charge from mains or alternator.

Used Virago 250cc are cheap, have a low seat and are ubiquitous - you could develop plans and kits and sell thousands!

Mr. Mik

Someting along that line, but just because I want to, I would like a scooter. No good reason, just because. What I really want is for the maker of the IC wheel for bikes ( Revo??) to make one for a scooter. Then it becomes a drop in upgrade. thought about the old kits to use small ic motors to turn a bike front wheel. These work but are a bit ungraceful. Maybe a small ICE scooter with a 2-3k hub motor in the back (or fromt?) with Li type batteries in hard case saddle bages. If the hub motor had regen braking, you could use that to do some recharging.
Make plans, yes, make thousands, probably not. I wonder if any of the professional builders or upgraders have any input?

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage