Do the XB-500, 508, and 600 have interchangeable plastic housings?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hoax
Hoax's picture
Do the XB-500, 508, and 600 have interchangeable plastic housings?

P6120016.jpg

Here's my scooter, got for $76 on ebay, free shipping too! (well, I drove 15 minutes to an auto shop and picked it up, but hey it's free)

Anyway i was wondering, are the interior frames of the XB-500, 508, and 600 indentical? I've been looking at a few pictures and it looks like they are. I ask because my beloved new scooter's plastic housing is beat up in a few places, and actually missing the headlight assembly, and I might be Frankenstein-ish enough to put on the plastic housing parts from those other scooters on mine.

Like, put the headlight housing (that is the plastic that couples with the plastic overlaying the speed and battery guages) from the xb 500, and used the "nose cone" from the xb 508. Heck maybe even change the back end

But I'm getting ahead of myself, is this even possible?

Hoax
Hoax's picture
Re: Do the XB-500, 508, and 600 have interchangeable plastic hou

Or, maybe, does anyone recognize this scooter at all? it would be nice to find replacement parts for this one, since there are very few i actually need to replace, and buying the parts from a new different model scooter means i would need to buy a bunch of parts (like, if i buy the nose of an xb-500, i need to get the headlight, headlight housing, nose cone, and both turn signals)

OH NO HOW DID THIS GET HERE I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

Looks a lot like X-Treme's XB-500 Electric Bike.

The body parts don't look the same, though. I would guess these would not be interchangeable, but the electronics may be.

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

Hoax
Hoax's picture

The body perts don't look the same, though. I would guess these would not be interchangeable

Ah but this is what i thought at first, notice that there is a small bolt-hole in the center of the nose cone (the front end of the bike). Mine has the exact same thing in roughly the same place (relative to the frame)

the frame is what matters here, if my bike has the same metal frame as the xb 500,508, and 608, i can swap the "outer" plastic parts.

I'm pretty convinced this will work but I'm just looking for anyone that might have hands on experience.

gushar

You probably won't find anyone with the hands on experience in this regard since the scooter you bought might not have been sold alot here in the US. I'd say your best bet is to goto x-treme's website and click on the xb500 parts link. I think they offer the frame as a part...and show a picture of it...the frame all by itself. It may not be a very good picture and I don't know the accuracy of the pic either...but if you enlarge it...and providing it's accurate representation...you could compare that to the frame of the actual scooter you have. That's what I'd do...cause I think that's about the best info you're going to get for a comparison. I know alot of the same parts are used on all of these scooters since they are virtually all coming from China factories. However, importers spec this and that for them...and while a frame might be used for a number of different scooters...slight additions or variations might be specified for it to acomodate various models....for different major importers. However, I'd think that most of the spec changes are more with the motors, controllers, etc. and "may" not affect significant changes in the frame.

I recall Mountain Chen, one of the China manufacturing leaders, stated here in response to a question I asked him....that the ebike type scooters were predominantly made in one particular geographic area...and perhaps a limited number of manufacturing facilities in China. That would suggest that there's probably not alot of different frames being used...and that a brand that looks alot like another may very well share the same frame.

Gushar

Gus

Hoax
Hoax's picture

From what i've seen gushar, the frame is not sold separately, and even searching for it on google brings up nothing

i might just grab one or two plastic pieces i NEED (for example, the headlight assembly and housing) and just see if it can interface with my scooter. If so, then it's a pretty sure bet the other pieces can too.

zerogas
zerogas's picture

$76!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HoLy CrAp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You stole it!

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Hoax
Hoax's picture

i'm paying for that $76 in headaches right now, since it's been a nightmare trying to figure out who the crap made this thing, let alone getting parts for it!

my only current leads are this scooter that i found on some chinese ebay site
http://www.atv-dirtbike.com/show_imgnews.asp?id=1106
which looks strikingly similar to mine

and the VIN number, which i still have not found on the frame. Could they have rubbed it off? could it have not been printed on?

edit: i already purchased the xb 500 headlight housing from articfox (thanks for the the discount!), but it unfortunately doesn't fit my scooter. Not even the screw holes line up

zerogas
zerogas's picture

The bike you have is a Voy. If that helps any. :) I saw one online the other day.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

http://electricscooterparts.com/voy.html

BTW Voy is also a settlement in the Orkney Islands ...

Hoax
Hoax's picture

http://electricscooterparts.com/voy.html

BTW Voy is also a settlement in the Orkney Islands ...

that's..interesting....i wonder if it's actually the same frame as mine... what makes you sure mine is this "voy" thing? it doesn't have the forward blinkers :/

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07

Support V is for Voltage