Yellowish, Foggy Headlight Lenses? [Product Review]

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Yellowish, Foggy Headlight Lenses? [Product Review]

Composite headlights, the ones where it's all plastic and the bulb is inserted from the back. On my car the headlight lenses were foggy and had yellowed from the heat of the desert. I've had to keep the high-beams on at night because I can't see the road, and even installed higher wattage bulbs which didn't help. I thought I'd have to buy replacement headlight assemblies for about $45 each ($90 for both), and then try to figure out how to install them.

Today, while in AutoZone getting supplies for a tuneup, I saw a "Permatex® Headlight Lens Restoration Kit". Looking at the package it showed composite lenses in as bad a shape as mine, and showed that this product could make them clear and like-new. Price: $10. So I got it.

When I went home, I checked the company's website which has a "training" video showing how to use it. Didn't seem so hard, but I didn't think it would work - too simple a fix for something I've been trying to get rid of for years - but, I tried it.

The thing works like magick!

I didn't get pictures because I was so sure it would not work and now I'm upset because I didn't. Here's some example pics I found on the net:

My headlights were actually a little worse than this:
1.jpg

But after trying the "Permatex® Headlight Lens Restoration Kit", my headlights are crystal clear, even better than this:
2.jpg

So, for anyone needing to do this type of repair, it can be done and the results just blew my little mind. Took me about 45 minutes for each lens and a bit of elbow grease, but definitely worth the effort and saved me $80 from not having to replace the composite lenses.

Highly recommended.

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: Yellowish, Foggy Headlight Lenses? [Product Review]

And I just took a ride down dark residential streets...

I can see the road!! And all the street signs! From far away! I can also see that the headlights are not pointed in the same direction. :)

Dudes!

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• tamarino

Who's new

• sarim
  • Edd
  • OlaOst
  • Iber
  • AndresV10

Support V is for Voltage