thank you

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
queensland
queensland's picture
thank you

I wanted to thank the members of the forum for making all the community resources and discussions available. I learned a huge amount about motors, evs, battery technology, maintenance, vendors, etc. from many different threads, the handbooks and other resources and finally chose a scooter. It's one of Thunderstruck's 3 remaining Oxygen Leptons with about 95 test miles on it. Getting it up to SE Alaska was a bit of a challenge (trucking to Seattle, marine barge to Juneau, landing craft to Gustavus over the next 2 weeks) but it should arrive on July 1. It currently has SLA batteries which will be upgraded to the LiFePO4 I have on order. In the mean time I'll be able to do some summer commuting miles and get some mosquitos in my teeth. My total daily commute is 16 miles of mostly flat ground. A little dirt road included. We really have an ideal place for this. Low traffic volume, low speeds, mostly flat ground, and I go as far as one can from one end of town to the other. Weather will limit use, but its still better than my car for much of the year. All our electric is currently diesel generator but there is a run of the river hydropower project coming on line this year so at least some percentage of our power will be greener. Now, to find a way to warn the moose when I am coming! Too bad the wheels don't have wire spokes...someone suggested getting out the playing cards and clothes pins....

Wish me luck. I'm sure I'll have questions to search discussions on in future.

dogman
dogman's picture
Re: thank you

Glad we helped. The forum has taught me a lot. Maybe you could just go brrrrrrwbtttt with your mouth to warn the moose. I used to have deer whistles on my jeep, maybe they would work on moose? But maybe for moose, turn around and go home. I hear they can get real mean in mating season. A place like yours is tailor made for an ev except for the weather in winter. The other day I saw a cool prototype electric snowmobile on tv. The makers designed it for the greenland ice cap which is flat. They were amazed when it climbed a big hill towing a sled of firewood no problem.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage