wanted: Comparison Li version of zapino to XM3500 and EVT (if there is one)

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
TechSkeptic
TechSkeptic's picture
wanted: Comparison Li version of zapino to XM3500 and EVT (if there is one)

Yes I am sure this has been asked before but I have read tons of posts and am perhaps have just gotten overwhelmed with the amount of information. Since I am human I am also having trouble parsing anecdotal issues with fleetwide statistical issues.

I intend on trying to get a new Li based bike as soon as possible. I like the Li due to range, and life.

1) I intend on wiring for and using a bank charger
2) I wish to, at first, deploy no other mods (until I start getting bored)
3) I wish for as little trouble as possible (don't we all) since my wife will likely be riding this bike and I don't want her to be stuck anywhere

Questions:
1) From reading many posts, my impression is that the EVT machines have more reliability issues than XM or zapino, does this seem right to you?
2) Is there even a Li based EVT anyway (or would it simply be a mod)?
3) I read all about the long break in periods for SLA batts, is there a similar one for Li+?
4) who is mountain chen and does he manufacture all these of these machines? If not, why am I getting this impression? LOL

I'm sure more questions will follow. I am pretty technical and not afraid to get my hands dirty. However I am not the biggest fan of fixing things upon arrival. I'm pretty dedicated to get a one of the e-bikes, but just need some help on determining which seems to be the most reliable (and I fully understand that all of these machines are new and may have reliability issues).

HCT
HCT's picture
Comparison Li version of zapino to XM3500 and EVT

Have 2 Oxygen lepton scooters that me and my wife ride , have over 2100 combine miles on them .
Never had any probleme at all .highly recommend them , great acceleration and good ride , very solid .
On the down side , they are no longer being made , not as cheap as a chiness ones , do not go over 30 mph .
It is the classic Italian scooter and built to last .
They are very good with Evercel Nickel-Zinc pack , have not tried it with Lead Acid ones , heard that they run
fairly well . little slower and shorter range due to the weight .
We get between 26 and 35 miles range ,my wife is 102 lbs , I am 185 , of course depending on speed .
Oxygen is making a newer one in the $6,000 with Valence pack LifePO4

HEAT & LOSS & INEFFICIENCY RELATED DIRECTLY to IMPEDANCE

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage