VOY...Oi Vey

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
InTroubleAgain
VOY...Oi Vey

Just acquired one of these from craigslist, so my new PROJECT came fully ebquipped with rusty fasteners, cobwebs and dead insects (basement kept). I didn't even know what the thing was, since there were no markings, and had to "reverse engineer" the ID based on the battery! I got the thing, and an electric skateboard for $35.00 bucks, sans chargers. In other words, I now have a "PROJECT" (YIPEE!) to compliment the perfect storm of mid-life woes (lost job, 50, yada, yada, etc.) I gather the company that sold this thing went under, and parts sources may be limited, so my questions are as follows:
1. I found the owners manual on line, but there is little tech info. Is there a source for wiring diagrams, etc?
2. Can I replace the really dubious looking factory wiring harness with a "generic"? (i.e., make a new harness from say Radio Shack stock and connectors?)
3. Is there a comparable bike, made by an un-dead company that I can buy the parts for and swap into this bike?
4. Don't know that much about this technology, so keep it simple.
5. Charger, I need a charger!
6. Batteries: a good generic replacement recomendation.
Thanks, and god help me...

bocabikeguy
Re: VOY...Oi Vey

Unless the connectors are rusted or broken, that would not be the first thing I upgraded.

You can buy parts for your bike from electricscooterparts.com and from other places. It is a generic 36v 500w electric scooter.

Your batteries are standard 12v 12ah sla batteries, and you need 3 of them. Any 36v ebike sla charger will work. Try eBay. Chances are, three new batteries and a charger and you will be good to go. Pick up a couple of spare 20 amp fuses while you are at it.

Should go 15mph on the speedometer which is actually 12-13 mph. You might have to push it up hills, though.

InTroubleAgain
Re: VOY...Oi Vey

Okay, and it looks like the "Rad2Go" Sunbird is the identical machine. I would like a wiring diagram of either this machine or a generic wiring diagram. I'm tracing the lines and have found too many suspicious connections to be comfortable. I can probably figure it all out, but a picture would help
Thanks

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage