Elektrobay Recharging Points

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Buzby
Buzby's picture
Elektrobay Recharging Points

I came across these in a Shopping Centre car park - it provides a 240v 13amp socket to plug in an electric vehicle, and at my location the power feed was free. But there's a problem, and I'm hoping Elektrobay will have a resolution.

Info on the charging point: www.elektromotive.com

This is a state of the art charging system, with colour -coded LEDs at the top which show when it is available (blue), Unavailable (red) or In use (green). For some reason with the Vectrix connected, it will let it draw current for 120 seconds, then show a message that says no power is being drawn, and then re-sets to an off-line state. The only way to restart the feed it to use the RF key to open the socket and close the door holding the plug, which restarts the supply, for another 120 seconds! This made recharging a real pain, and in the end I gave up. With two pillars available, I tried the other and the process was identical. There must be something that the Vectrix does in the first 2 minutes of charging that makes the Electrobay think there's no current being drawn, do I've asked Vectrix the question and we'll see what transpires.

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Elektrobay Recharging Points

Hi Buzby,

what did the speedo show?

Mine always goes up to 110km/h initially, and it draws about 1600W at that stage.

But I have heard that on some Vectrix scooters charging starts in tr mode, drawing only a few hundred watts.

Mr. Mik

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Buzby
Buzby's picture
Re: Elektrobay Recharging Points

To be honest, I was spending more time looking at the Elektrobay piller than the Vectrix, but I would expect that the charge wate was way up with the speedo showing 110Kmh as it would do at the beginning of any charge sycle. I've only seen this drop lower some 2 hours or so as the current falls due to the battery not needing the full rate.

- Raymond

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage