R-20 warning

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
DWrath
R-20 warning

Just wanted to warn those who have an R-20 or are thinking about purchasing one. About 2 weeks ago my wife and I were heading home after dinner on our bike. While going through a rotary the bottom of the bike caught the asphalt causing us to lay down the bike. Luckily, my wife only suffered some road rash on a forearm, whereas I had a bit more extensive road rash, cracked ribs, and snapped clavicle requiring surgery. I believe the box on the underside of the bike (which was created to hold the extra batteries) is definitely a hazard and I'd be very careful taking anything near a sharp turn at a high rate of speed. This trying to be more environmentally conscious is going to kill me.

Brock
Brock's picture
Re: R-20 warning

This is a very important warning. I haven't ridden a moped or scooter before, just bikes and motorcycles. I am used to "laying it down" to round a corner at speed. I made that mistake once on the EVT, I just wasn't thinking and took a corner pretty fast and caught the box on the road. Luckily for me the bike sort of popped up and jumped about a foot to the right (left turn). I just caught the edge of the road and managed to straighten it out. Scared the heck out of me. I think now I am overly cautious on corners, but rightly so.

Everyone should take time in an open parking lot and look down at the box as you turn tight circles and know when you get close so in real world driving you won’t pass that and hit the road.

astar
Re: R-20 warning

DWrath - Thanks for the warning and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

ZEV 7100 Alpine
Fort Collins, CO

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage