Currie Phat Flyer Se

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Scootnlow
Currie Phat Flyer Se

Hi all, I used to a be member of the old forum and I'm in need of some batteries. I have the phat flyer se(a classic). Should I stick with the same 12v 10ah. Can I bump up to 12v 12ah or higher? I was trying to search the forum for the recommended battery but I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Art

andys
andys's picture
Re: Currie Phat Flyer Se

12v10AH are all that usually fit in the small battery box those scooters came with. You can put in a shim to raise the deck up to fit a larger 12AH battery if you are trying to extend the range. There are also better quality high rate batteries, like the Power Sonic 12100 12V 10.5 AH that will outperform the original style ones and fit right in in the box.

http://www.battlepack.com/sla.asp

scroll down the page until you see them, the tenth one down for $38.75

These are really good batteries for the money.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

I don't know that scooter except as a memory of seeing the name go by ..however..

Your choice would be: a) do you need bigger? b) will bigger fit? c) are you interested in newer battery chemistries?

The simplest would be to just replicate what you already have, right? I just checked on www.electricrider.com and the 12v10ah and 12v12ah batteries are different sizes so you'd have a geometry problem to get the larger battery to fit the case. If it will fit it's not going to require any rewiring the batteries instead will wire themselves the same into the scooter.

FWIW for SLA batteries the recommended ones are either B&B or Enersys or www.siliconebatteriesusa.com ... however, that said, my electric motorcycle has powersonic batteries ...

Scootnlow

Thanks for the suggestions! I think I will just go with the ones that fit the case and save my money on a better scooter with a bigger motor and battery capacity.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage