Had test ride today :)

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
undead
Had test ride today :)

Well they were bigger than I thought!

I ride a Fazer 600 as my usual bike, the Vectrix was surprisingly quick - took it up a dual carrageway at full pelt to see what it could do - strange sensation overtaking lorries in almost complete silence!

Did not have long to get used to the handling, and was a bit worried about dropping the dealers bike but was impressed by how stable it was (considering it was wet)

Just got to arrange loan / finance and the machine is mine :)

Trevor (salesman) was very honest and informative about the whole thing - real world milage is perfect for my needs.

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Had test ride today :)

Trevor (salesman) was very honest and informative about the whole thing - real world milage is perfect for my needs.

What did he say the mileage would be?

Mr. Mik

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

AndY1
AndY1's picture

I've driven Yamaha R6 2003 before. I had to sell the bike because I was buying a flat. I test drove Vectrix a week ago and it's a real breath of fresh air.

undead

What did he say the mileage would be?

Mr. Mik

He does a 44mile journey to work, cross country, a motorway junction then a duel carrageway.

He reckons if he does not rag it, he makes it with a few bars to spare.

duca

44 miles? These are 70km... I dare to doubt: what speed in average?

Regards

Mik
Mik's picture

He does a 44mile journey to work, cross country, a motorway junction then a duel carrageway.

He reckons if he does not rag it, he makes it with a few bars to spare.

Maybe he forgot to tell you that the round-trip is 70.4km and that he recharges at work?

Otherwise he would have to be an extremely short and skinny fella who drives very slowly...

My Vectux also shows "a few bars to spare" when it is no longer road-worthy, i.e. can only go 40km on the flat and almost comes to a halt uphill!

What you really need to know is how far you can go before the performance drops at all.

If your regular commute is further than this distance, then your battery will suffer from being deeply cycled too often.

Mr. Mik

duca

I almost second Mik thoughts.
In my experience I travel 45km on one leg to work, there I recharge and come back after work.
I guesstimate that at the speeds I usually go (that is 70 to 90 kmh) I could not do more than 55-60km before "total collapse" (in fact 53 to 55km is the distance I cumulate when I purposedly deep discharge the scooter, but this I do on the ramp to my home which is quite steep).
The range Mik experiences, however, is a little too short: from my experience and from what I've heard around, he represents an "out-of-average" case: unfortunately for him in the negative sense.
Mik I keep crossing fingers for you! ;)

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Do you complete the full charge right before going to/from work or the night/day before?

duca

At home I let the scooter rest some time before starting charge, being temperatures quite high at the moment. The same I do at work, where I wait until I go to lunch before plugging the scooter.
Usually when I go home or take the scooter in the morning, the re-charge is fully completed since long.

Hope this answers your question.

regards

AndY1
AndY1's picture

It does, thank you.

One more question: does Vectrix's battery need to be charged for 24 hours before first use?

Mik
Mik's picture

The range Mik experiences, however, is a little too short: from my experience and from what I've heard around, he represents an "out-of-average" case: unfortunately for him in the negative sense.
Mik I keep crossing fingers for you! ;)

Well, out-of-average, YEAH!

It's a combination of factors:

Height 187cm + broad shoulders = high wind resistance.

Athletic build + getting a bit chubby 'round the middle = 90kg.

Full protective clothing, locks and other riff-raff bring the total pay load up to about 110kg.

And then there is the terrain and the not-so-smooth road surfaces....

This video shows what the roads are typically like around my home:

Now, if you are 170cm, 65kg, then imagine putting a 10cm thick book on the seat to sit on, and imagine adding 45kg weight into the luggage compartment, then take an imaginary ride along the route in the video above and tell us if you think your Vectrix will go much further than 45km ....

Mr. Mik

duca

First thing: you definitely drive on the wrong side of the road! Be careful!!! LOL!
Second, I'm as tall and heavy as you (unfortunately the balance between muscles and adipous tissue is less appealing but rather appaling... :) ) anyway I get some km more. Nice roads you have over there.
Today I managed 62km on one leg, but I had to constriun myself not to exceed 60kmh: most of the time I did drive at 50kmh and there were three long uphills legs on which i drove maybe 40kmh: not very safe on a motorway... Now I know I could have driven slightli quicker, but not by much.

Ciao

Mik
Mik's picture

Today I managed 62km on one leg, but I had to constriun myself not to exceed 60kmh: most of the time I did drive at 50kmh and there were three long uphills legs on which i drove maybe 40kmh: not very safe on a motorway... Now I know I could have driven slightli quicker, but not by much.

Ciao

I guess it all depends very much on the last few kilometers. If you just need to get along a flat stretch, no problem.

But if the end is uphill you are out of luck.

The next video shows the Vectux after about 50kms, having traveled at up to 80km/h and some fast accelerations here and there:

And then the road just keeps getting narrower and steeper...

Mr. Mik

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage