need some wiring help

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
tmophoto
need some wiring help

I bought a used electric wheel on ebay (what a mistake....) when i got it it didnt work and there was no wiring diagram or any recognizable info other than a lot of chinese writing on the wheel.

I finally found a similar controller that looks nearly the same as mine. it looks very similar to this one that i found on ebay.

Picture_3.jpg

this is what my controller looks like.
_MO_8166.jpg

I have a few questions about wiring it up.

What is the orange wire for on the battery connection (there is one red, one black and one thinner orange wire)

I know the throttle i got with the bike is not working. Can anyone let me know if its possible to replace the throttle with a push button? so its on (100%) or off, i think thats all i really need.

I also dont have hand brakes on the bike (its a cruiser with a coaster brake.) how can i disable the blue and black brake wires?

I am not sure what the brown wire is for and i am not sure what the grey wires or the yellow wires are for. They have connectors so they will snap together. (yellow yellow, or grey grey, or yellow grey)

I got another bike kit on ebay but got the brushless instead of the brushed model. i wias hoping to use it to try some tests on this one but that wont work. the brushed one is great. need to get this all set up on another bike.

thanks

thomas

cerewa
Re: need some wiring help

the wires for the brake can almost certainly be disabled by either not connecting them at all or by simply connecting them to each other (short circuiting them).

If your controller is like mine, the extra wires/connectors do not need to be used, although they probably CAN be used for monitoring the controller or checking for problems.

As far as the throttle, I really think you're better off using a throttle instead of an on-off switch. I'm not sure how you would go about getting it to work with an on-off switch instead, and it might put a lot of stress on your motor's axle, your frame, etc.

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture
Re: need some wiring help

What is the orange wire for on the battery connection (there is one red, one black and one thinner orange wire)

It's almost certainly a power tap. For some odd reason, a lot of cheaper controllers have an extra wire coming out of the controller that feeds the voltage regulator for the board logic. I say it's odd because they run right off full battery voltage, so it could just be tied in to the + of the power line. Why it's orange, I don't know.

It is occasionally handy for overvolt modding, though, as you can, in some instances, add a tap for it straight from the batteries as opposed to replacing the voltage regulator.

I know the throttle i got with the bike is not working. Can anyone let me know if its possible to replace the throttle with a push button? so its on (100%) or off, i think thats all i really need.

Yeah. Just have it short the red and green throttle wires when you press on it. Think about it, though. New throttles from TNC Scooters are only like $15.

I also dont have hand brakes on the bike (its a cruiser with a coaster brake.) how can i disable the blue and black brake wires?

If it's made for a normally open brake, then you don't need to do anything to disable it. If it's made for a normally closed brake, then you'll need to just short out the two wires.

I am not sure what the brown wire is for and i am not sure what the grey wires or the yellow wires are for. They have connectors so they will snap together. (yellow yellow, or grey grey, or yellow grey)

Just ignore them. They're probably for lights and maybe a speedometer.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage